MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hillbillee, how are you doing?

redhenfarm

I am doing better.

DH came home after a week away. I didn't want to say anything after the merry-go-ride I have been on with him. I wanted to wait and see if this time would be different. And I am happy to say it is.

We are going to marriage counseling, actually it is more like biblical study to learn what God wants and expects of us as a husband and wife. It is really good and we are learning a lot together.

There are times when DH and I talk (Ya! We finally talk. Or should I say he talks, I always did, and his complaint was I never shut up.) that I honestly feel like I can tell him anything.

He is very different than he was. He is gentle, loving, affectionate and trying hard to be the husband God wants him to be. We attend church together on Wednesday nights and we are praying that God will provide him a job where we can go to church together on Sundays too.

We are also seeking ways to earn a living here on our 20 acres.

Another adventure on the horizon, and the sooner the better for her, but all in God's timing, especially since God will definitely have tp provide the money and the way......

We are trying to adopt a daughter from Ghana. I met her while DH was gone. She lives in a refugee camp there. She has been an orphan since she was 15 years old. She is from Liberia. All her family, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, all, is dead from the war.

Her name is Harriet; she is 18 years old and a real sweetheart. She has asked us to adopt her. She is a strong Christian and been through a lot. She just recently came down with malaria and is unable to work. She has been working, washing peoples clothes to buy her daily food and a bed to sleep in. If she has a little money left after that, she buys an hour on the computer at the cafe to talk to us. But now with her being sick, she can't work very much and is almost out of food and clean drinking water.

She never complains but I can tell in her words that she fears she will not live and will not be able to come here to live with us. We both are very concerned for her.

My hours at work are officially cut as of this coming week, so there will be a $400 a month loss in pay. But on the up side, the work was hard and demanding in several ways that I could not handle very well. So I am glad it is over, except for the occasional times I will spend helping out. I worked 50 hours this week, spent another 13 hours on the road driving and will only be paid for 40 hours. No wonder I am sick and can't seem to get over it.

It seems like we have no life again. So I'm hoping that will all change some now.

I am looking forward to getting back to the point where I can help others like I used to instead of always working on my life so much.

This Christmas is definitely going to be a made it myself, old fashioned, homemade Christmas or go without. But than again, I think I prefer it that way. Too much money spent on gifts, although for the most part, the gifts I give DH are things he/we need and couldn't always afford.

Hill

Hill, I'm so glad things are working out with your DH. On the girl you met over the Internet...please be careful. Unless you met her through a legitimate organization, this may be a scam. It happens all the time. The classic is the guy who meets a 'sweet Russian girl' over the net and falls for her. He sends her money to come to America so they can get married. His money disappears and there is no girl, even though he's seen pics and everything, maybe even talked to 'her' on the phone. It sounds like this girl has a very sad story, but an eighteen year old wanting to be adopted by an American couple also smacks of scam.

Hill

It's good to hear there are some good changes. I'm praying for your marriage to continue to strengthen and for the rest to come together for you.

I echo what Goatherder said. My son had exactly that thing happen (Russian girl, wanted to come here, send money, oh! I couldn't come because I broke my wrist -but I'm typing on the computer!-please send more money. That's when it ended.)

For all we know it could be some old guy sitting in prison using the internet forking in the bucks from good-hearted but unsuspecting men.

Harriet was not a scam but the adoption thing was/is. She fell into bad hands when she told her pastor she found a family to love her here in America.

We are pretty sure Harriet is now dead, just waiting to hear an official word on it. I have some legitimate people checking on her.

As for being careful, God has lead us to some very good and trustworthy resources in our attempt to help Harriet. We were just too late to help her.

As for adoption of any type, not for us, but do feel lead by God to get involved with the situation in Ghana and the Liberians. Not sure where he is leading us at this point, but know we are going to be getting involved somehow, some way.

As for Harriet, her heart was pure and sincere. We never heard her voice nor did she ever hear ours. We never saw each other except through pictures. We never physically hugged or touched each other. But we loved each other deeply. Our lives touched, our hearts met and she is now home with God and her suffering has ended for her.

She prayed for 3 years that God would give her a family. She died knowing that through the use of computers and the Internet, God did give her a family.

No we don't know officially that she is dead, but do know in our hearts. She knew she was dying but even in death she never complained, never asked us for money, she did ask us once to try and find her some help when she was too sick to work and was out of food and clean water, but never money.

Now her pastor on the other hand kept telling us he could not help her without money because he was helping too many refugees and the money was all spent and he needed money to help her. Funny thing is he had plenty enough money to call us about 20 times from Ghana (which we refused to answer the phone after his first call.) in an attempt to get us to send him money on her behalf.

I really would not want to be in his sandals right now and especially when he stands before God. We are very angry, so I can not imagine how much more angry God is at him. He knows full well what he is doing because I asked him a few questions that he lied to me about and he knew he was lying. There is no way he can say he didn't know or we assumed, because I questioned him a lot on her age and her being an adult.

If we had gone there as he had requested, we would have been killed or sold into slavery. Now we are trying to use our connections to expose him. But, there are 100's more like him out there doing the same thing. All we can do is try and expose them one at a time.

Hill

Archived