MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sad Day

Freetobeme

My immediate supervisor did not come in today. He was out Friday to take his wife for a colonoscopy. I thought it was just a routine check up of course. Today I found out she has colon cancer. The doctor is doing further tests to see if it has spread, if not they will do surgery. If it has, they aren't holding out much hope. I feel so sorry for them! He is such a nice man and is obviously very much in love with his wife. What can you say to someone like that when they return to work?

Oh Goatherder, I'm so very sorry. That is awful news. If it were a woman I'd say to hug her, but with men, it's hard to know how to help. I guess I'd bring him some pork roast, with green beans and taters along with apple pie so he could take some home to his wife for dinner. To relieve her of cooking. I'd probably do it in another week or so once their tummies feel like eating again. Send her flowers maybe.

My dh has had several employees suffer through some hard trials. Since he's their boss he just tries to lessen their stress as much as possible on the job.

You sure are thoughtful to be feeling so much for him and his dear wife. How old is she? I'll pray tonight for them both.

Thanks. They are only in their early 50's. He is a person I respect and value as a friend. We have some interesting conversations about building and plants and such. He used to have a landscaping business and does a lot of home remodeling projects. They will need all the prayers they can get. It seems that I know or have known so many people who have died of cancer. I think a lot of it is environmental.

Archived