MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WEDNESDAY

Judy Moist

Hey everybody, hope all have had a good day... I have had a busy two days. I have been off from work and will also be off tomorrow, So have been trying to catch up on some house work. I steamed cleaned all my carpets,, it took both days to do it... they were so absolutely nasty filthy.....

Now my body aches all over.

Took the steam cleaner back to the rental store, and on the way home stopped and picked up 2 pepperoni cheese pizzas. $5.00 each, and hot and ready, no waiting to be cooked...so for $11.00 bucks had a good hot meal, with no cooking involved. i had planned on spaghetti, but just couldn't get my body to stand there an make it...

Besides being worn out from over work at work, and stress and worn out from home, Me and all 3 kids have had the snotties...bad colds...

Tomorrow will be laundry catch up day, and sweeping and mopping...trying to get the house cleaned up before the holidays. because we have decided to have dh one last holiday dinner with the families....so guess who gets to cook and clean, and have their house torn up over it...yep, your right ME....

All these people who promised to help me out with caring for dh, has just sort of wondered off into the woodwork, and come around only when convenient for them... So now am not getting any help at all.. even though his crazy aunt ann, did come over about 3 days ago and folded up all my laundry that was sitting in baskets, and helped the kids with their homework... that helped quiet a bit....

DH has totally refused to stop his drinking, he has even went up to approximately 15 to 18 beers a day now. He got mad at me because I went to the bank to cash his first SSI check,, I came home and gave him $200, he was mad because he expected me to give him the full $579.00, so he could go shopping,,,, yeah right, he can't even walk from the living rom to the bathroom with out falling, how does he expect to walk all the way into walmart.

His doctors told me that if he refuses to stop the drinking not to bother or waste my time, bringing him to the clinic, or waste the money getting his medication. Because as long as he drinks he can't take the medication.Dh and I got into an argument the other day about all this, I ended up screaming at the top of my lungs at him, and slinging the broom I just happened to be holding at him.. I really lost it people, I mean really lost it..... He said that I had an attitude about me lately and that if it didn't change, he was going to tell me how things were going to be... Well that is when my broom took flight.

((((((Unikemom))))))))

I'm so sorry about your DH and the effect he is having on himself and you and the kids. I'm sure the illness has a lot to do with how he is acting. As far as I know, it can affect brain function and I'm sure the drinking doesn't help in that department either. I know it is painful to watch someone you care about destroy themselves, but you have to put yourself and the kids first. They need you. He has made his choices, and cold as it may seem, if leaving is the only way you can get through this, you may have to.

Take care and keep us posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Unikemom, you have been so tough in facing all that has been laid upon your plate. I admire your grit, that you took a job in addition to all you have to take care of at home. I've lived with an alcoholic, and it's impossible to reason with them. I'm so glad that you can come here to vent a bit. I think you need a GROUP

Archived