MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Foggy Tuesday

Bamboo

Boy it is foggy here. I'm going to leave about a 1/2 hour earlier than normal. I can barely see the house across the street. We usually have a few of these days every year, but I sure don't like driving in them.

I've been doing research on Civil Unrest for the handbook... keep coming up with info on terrorism, nothing specific to a local disturbance. I'm thinking civil unrest is more along the lines of a riot, am I thinking wrong? Any ideas that would direct me would be appreciated. I'll probably go to the library and check out some of the bigger riots in our recent history.... Watts, the Detroit riot in the late 60's, and Rodney King's.... such light reading material. I had a great website that had some great info for this, but I've lost the site, darn it.

Oh, well, I better get running if I'm going to leave early. Hope everyone has a great day.

I can't believe any of you are up this early- I thought you all were night owls!!!!I am going to get my hair cut today and I am hoping this girl can do mericles -because my hair needs one! I want to make some bread this afternoon. It has been around 82 here durring the day -makes it hard to get in a holiday mode. It is susposto drop to the 70's be Thursday with some 'weather' in between. Nothing like Indiana I hope -that was bad!!! Have a great day

I can't believe any of you are up this early- I thought you all were night owls!!!!

I am going to get my hair cut today and I am hoping this girl can do mericles -because my hair needs one!

I want to make some bread this afternoon.

It has been around 82 here durring the day -makes it hard to get in a holiday mode. It is susposto drop to the 70's be Thursday with some 'weather' in between. Nothing like Indiana I hope -that was bad!!!

Have a great day

Morning,,,, Got the kids off to school, a beautiful morning here, the leaves have all changed such vibrant colors, just gorgeous in the morning sun.

Have to go to the school at 1:00 today for a meeting with the special education teacher. Then have to run home and get ready for work.

Have a load of

Quote:
He said he knew if anyone in that store needed this holiday off, it was me, due to our circumstances and knowing this would be the last Thanksgiving we would share with my dh....

You are one of the strongest women I have ever had the chance to know..

Afternoon all. I've been wandering about in a daze today. DH called me at 5 am to tell me that the dad of a really good friend of ours died Sunday night.

The dad was a really good friend too. It was his 55th birthday party Sunday and he had his keys taken away from him so he wouldn't drive hom drunk. He told everyone he was going outside for a smoke, and never came back. He ended up walking towards home (about 6 miles away), walking that distance was nothing for him, he was always walking and jogging and hiking, he was like a teenager. He made it a couple miles from his house, actually, about a mile past our house! Apparently, he was jogging and smiling and waving at all the traffic (the other pass had a rockslide or something, so there was a lot of traffic at 10 pm), and somehow, a lady hit him with her car. I guess there was a doctor in traffic a few cars back, and he ran to Ben, but there was no pulse. He died right there of head injuries.

WiccadStargazer

Things at work are becoming rather trying. Everyone is running around packing stuff and the building folks are trying to take down our cubes. That is not the kind of environment where I can work well. So, tomorrow I have an event to attend in the morning and I'm telecommuting for the rest of the day. Maybe that way I can have enough peace and quiet to finish this report.

I also would like to finish the sections I'm doing for the manual!!

Archived