MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

snowy sunday

Kygal

well, the craft fair did not go too well, i only sold 3 things, but it was not busy and no one did very well. it was poorly planned and it is usually in november, and so most people have thier x-mas shopping done by now. but i got the COOLEST crafty thing... its a glue gun holder. i will take a photo of it and post it later, but now no more knocked over glue guns, or glue spots on my table. its not painfull, but i dislilke having cracky feet. it seems to get worse every year.

we also have to go return our movies. we rented millenium actress, unleashed, death to smoochy, loves enduring promise, and inspector gadget. good movies, expcept millenium actress is in japanese with subtitles.

well, i am hungry do i am going now. i hope you are all having a great day!!

Hi everyone! I am not having a good day. I didn't get anything done yesterday, and so we didn't go to church today. There was just too much to do! We went shopping this morning for a gift for Kev's grandmother, and my soon-to-be-sister-in-law, since we're having supper with them today in lieu of Christmas day. That took WAY too long, and Kev and I were growling at each other by the time we were done. Then we had to buy a new tree stand, because our old one was cheap plastic, and it broke. It just wasn't strong enough to hold up such a big tree. Then came the task of getting the tree straightened up, but that just made us even more upset at each other. On top of that, the darn sun is shining so brightly today that the few minutes that I was outside today and driving around gave me a killer headache. Now I am STILL trying to get my homework done, but there is no way I will make it by Tuesday. I just emailed my instructor to request an extention on one of the assignments. If she doesn't grant it, I may just have to call in sick on Monday or Tuesday...with all the stress I've been under in the past week, I probably will be sick anyway! I just need a bubble bath, a good cry, and a nap.

~Jo

Hi Everyone!

I just got back from my mom's. Spent the weekend hauling yard waste to the brush pits and doing stuff for her. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I may be about to sell my house. I really want to sell it soon so I can move back to my mom's place to help her out. We also may have a business venture to pursue. The lady mom makes horse hoods for wants us to make a lot of horse boots. The boots are used when racehorses come off the track and need their feet and legs soaked in cold water. It could be the exact answer we have been looking for at just the right time, especially if my house is sold!

Goatherder: Good Luck!

Jo: I hope your week goes better this week

Pixie: I am so envious of your snow!

We brought home and deocrated our Christmas Tree tonight. Then I started the fireplace.. And put on a pot of veggie soup! This house is smelling extra nice tonight.. All the smells mixed together. The stockings are all hung and the mantle is decorated..

Those of you who have married children or just older ones who have left home.. Do you let them take their personal decorations with them?

Quote:

Those of you who have married children or just older ones who have left home.. Do you let them take their personal decorations with them?

When my children go off I will let them leave with one
or two, but the rest will stay with me. I'm talking about
ornaments. Stockings stay, always. I would buy or make
new ones for them to take to thier new home.

Buttercup: My kids leave their stockings here - I guess so Santa can fill them ? Now this year for some durned reason I can't find my youngest son's stocking. I vaguely remember it didn't get put away with the others but where I put it is beyond me. Neither of my kids get Christmas trees so until they do the ornaments stay with me. I'd be happy to go to a smaller tree.

Each year as my kids were growing up we got each one some sort of ornament that belonged to them. When my oldest DS got married I gave them to him for his tree. I will do the same for the other 2 when they have trees.

Archived