MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cloudy Tuesday

logcabinmama

It snowed here this morning! It's up to 20 now but the temps tonight will be around 7.. I don't remember it ever being this cold this early in December!

Has anyone started their Christmas baking yet?? Sent any care packages??

Well I hope everyone has a great day! Take Care!!!

We put our tree up over the weekend. No, I should say my

husband put the tree up over the weekend.

We had a party for my MIL. It was her birthday and my

husband wanted the house decorated for the party. I told

him no. He told me to go shopping and when I came back

everything would be ready.

I went shopping and I came back and yes everything looked

great! I only had to decorate the mantle and put up the

stockings.

For her party I made a cheese ball, I had a tray of cut

up cheeses and I had salsa and chips. My SIL brought the

cake and ice cream. Her party went great.

Let me tell you about our tree. We have a one year old.

We only have ornaments on half of the tree. He hasn't done any damage but

I don't like to see him in there.

Today I am still cleaning out a walking-in closet that we

have been using as an attic. I'm half way finished.

Today is also Tuesday and my daughter goes to horse riding

lessons. Dinner will be in the crockpot.

It's cold here and we've had a dusting of snow. We are

supposed to get more on Thursday.

Well, I don't know if it's cloudy today...it sure is dark though! Actually, we have a nice orange red colour seeping up from the east (which is the way my office window faces). I think it will be sunny today (I never have time to read/watch/hear the weather these days, so every day is a surprise!).

I am having a better day (thanks everyone!). I requested an extension on my big assignment, so I didn't have to get it done for today. That is mainly what was stressing me out. I still have to get it done for next week, but then I won't have any other assignments due as well. The assignment I did have to do last night was fun...translating a contemporary piece of writing into the style of the Rennaisance. If I get a good mark, it will be all thanks to Mom for making me read the King James Version of the Bible when I was growing up.

Today is my last class before my exam, so we'll be having a mock exam to prepare for it. I also hope to get one of Kev's Christmas presents. I haven't done any shopping, yet. I want to get it completely done before Pixie gets here (3-days!!!), but that is not likely to happen. As long as I get my schoolwork done before then, I'll be happy.

We have our tree up, and finally have it straightened, but not decorated. I don't know when that will happen. Maybe Sapphire and Pixie can help, if we don't have it done by then. I try not to think about all the stuff I want to have done, otherwise I'll go crazy! Right now, school is priority.

~Jo

Good morning everyone. Cold here, but not in comparison to some of you guys. Brrr....

Our tree is up with a couple presents for DD under it. (just books i got for her in the mail) I haven't done any baking yet. Yesterday I get a 20"x30" latch hook rug that I'm hoping to get finished before Christmas for my MIL. Everbody tells me it's too big and I won't do it, so I have to show them they are wrong. I only started doing latch hook rugs a couple weeks ago. I did a 12"x12" ladybug (something easy to start), I did a 12"x12" carasel (sp?) horse for my aunt, and I started a 12"x12" sunflower yesterday, and got almost halfway finished, but that's not for anybody yet, so it will have to wait until I get this giant one finished.

I have to stop buying things off eBay! That's where I got the last 3 latch hook rugs, and last night I bought 27 books by Piers Anthony. 21 of them are in the Xanth series. I read them in middle school and loved them, recently found the first one, convinced DH to read it, and he wants to read the rest of the now. So I guess I will wrap them up and put them under the tree for "the family", lol.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays warm. Blessed be.

jo- you know sapphire would LOVE to help decorate.

here it is sunny and -6 celcius. the snow is all slushy on thebottom, and frozen on top, it is absoloutely horrible. out car insurance runs out this week, and its just as well, we cant afford tires. the ones we have are pretty bad. they dont hold air well, and they have only a mm or 2 tread left on them. (about an 1/8 of an inch for you sae people)

i have baby napping on my lap at the moment, she just finnished breakfast, and now i have to go do the dishes. i want to make cupcakes today, also Evi is coming over with tylynn.

sapphire will miss the next 2 classes of karate because we will be at jos, which is too bad, she will miss her grading and getting her yellow stripe. maybe they will giove it to her when we get back. one of the kids that started this year got her yellow stripe, and sapphire started last year but doesnt have hers because she keps goofing off. oh well, she will learn. eventually. lol

have a good day all!!

what i did today (in no perticular order)

did laundry

check my email

visit mrs.s

research prices for various christmas gifts

tidied the house

baked cupcakes

made japanese chicken wings(a very messy meal to make)

washed every dish in the house(or it seems that way. lol)

took care of the baby

had a friend come over for coffee

research the best deals for bunkbeds for kids

wait on my poor sick husband

drop off and pick up my oldest from school

bathe the baby

shower

...and you know what my husband sais? "why haven't you cleaned up?"

EXCUSE ME?! MEN!!!

Archived