MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tip for baking biscuits (cookies); when you grease the baking sheet, use a little bit of butter or a butter paper. When the biscuits are cooked and cooled, they taste more like they were made with butter, but without the fat content.

When cooking vegetable, cover the top with a butter paper before putting on a tight fitting lid. Again, the taste of butter without too much fat.

These probably aren't original, but I thought they were quite good. I use both of them.

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Butter paper is the wrapper the butter comes in. We get it in either foil with a paper backing, or in a type of greaseproof paper. When I unwrap the butter it goes into the butter dish, and I fold the butter paper and store it in a box in the fridge for wee jobs like these. I also use the papers for greasing cake tins and sometimes as lining papers for baking if i feel the need. What does your butter come wrapped in? This post will be a dead loss if it's not paper or some kind, won't it?!!!

------------------

lowlander.jpg