MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I feel....BLAH

brightblessings5

I'm all stuffed up, throat tickles, just....blaaah.

Yesterday morning I just thought it was sinuses and allergies-the weather here! Cold, then nice, then cold, then nice.... Then I cleaned the bathroom, and I figured last night that those cleaners in that little room just aggravated it, but this morning....BLAAAH.

Vicks, halls and alka-seltzer. Gonna make me some chicken noodle soup. Had some chips and hot sauce earlier, but don't have much of an appetite. But they helped clear my nose a little. Got outside for a little. Fresh air. DFIL-wannabe said to put a little whiskey in my hot coffee. He's such a stinker. But I'm about to try it. My whole body is kinda achey-little spasms all across my back from coughing and I'm tired, but if I lay down there's no way I'm gonna sleep much.

Any other suggestions?

I've been dealing with something similar to how you're feeling, and my mother came down with it yesterday...

I made her a pot of chicken soup too, and took it over and she was in tears cause she felt so bad and it tasted so good...I do not have any herbal knowledge at all, other that what I'm starting to glean by reading this forum, but when I had this really bad I started taking echinacia every 2 hours and it really helped me to feel a little better...I didn't think about the elderberry for myself, but I took over an elderberry tincture to my mom's and told her to take that 2-3 times a day as stated on the bottle...I've just been reading on other forums of people getting a flu along these lines and taking the elderberry (sambucal) and feeling much better within a couple of days.

Perhaps some of the ladies that are more trained in this area, can come down and give you some suggestions...this is just what I've done, knowing very little about herbs that can aid in fighting sicknesses.

Can I be the spokesperson for elderberry tincure and

colloidal silver?

Now if you have a cold, cold you should take elderberry

tincure at the first sign.

I think I had strep throat and elderberry didn't work but

CS did.

Think of CS as antbiotic and elderberry for cold/flu relief.

I have learned so much from Lois on CS, Thanks Lois!

*I just wanted to add, that this is the first year that

I have used either of these, so I am a big believer

in them.

Grubby I just made my tincture for the first time last night out of the berries you sent me! I am so excited.. Now how long do I have to wait before I can use it?

Lil DD has such conjestion.. Her fever has been up to 103.. But thank goodness I think her fever has stopped now and her eyes are looking so much better today.. We have been fighting this since Thursday..

Necie, you might want to go to the doctor to see if it's the regular flu. My whole family has it now. The doctor gave us Tamiflu and that has really helped reduce the severity. My husband's temperature almost hit 102 prior to taking the Tamiflu. I took it as soon as my fever hit and mine has only gone to 100. What is your temp?

If you check the flu map the flu is going bigtime in several states now.

I took lots of C, echinacea, garlic, Immune Booster tincture and other stuff - but my time was at hand.

I hope yours is just a cold, but even then, it's miserable. I sure hope you get feeling better soon. Here's a hug at a distance!

Archived