MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another Soggy Saturday Morning

Becca_Anne

Good mornin'

After reading Mommafitz's weather report I won't gripe about the bit of rain and grey skies we're having.

Yesterday DH and I were out and about taking care of business when we decided to drive the back country road to have lunch at a favorite place in another town. I love driving that way seeing young calves and the lambs, etc. as well as just the countryside. It's never happened before and it isn't really a very curvy road but I started feeling sick/nauseous so by the time we got to the other town I didn't want lunch and we beelined home. I sort of lay around the rest of the day. Glad to say I feel better today.

Looks like today will be inside chores.

Good morning ladies,

Seems like this yucky rainy weather is a country wide trend.

I am here on the east coast typing away and watching the rain fall outside.

Oh well!!! April showers bring May flowers and I'd better have some beautiful ones come next month!!!

It's indoor chores for me today for sure.

Hmmm, and maybe beef stew for supper,with biscuits.

That ought to warm us up.

Hello everyone. So glad to hear that you are okay after those storms in Tennessee. I know what you are dealing with. We've had a pretty bad start to tornado season here in Missouri as well.

Our weather is sunny but windy and I think we're supposed to have a high of 59 degrees but a low of 33 degrees. BRRR

My day is going to consist of getting ready for a swap meet tomorrow where I am hoping to sell several rabbits that I have raised along with some odds and ends (yard sale stuff) that I have accumulated and moved too many times now.

My husband just started the job that he is working after the old job didn't have enough work for him. The last two weeks of that old job Paul only worked two days. That sure doesn't pay the bills.

The bad part about this new job is that he won't get paid until after the first part of May. So.... I am trying to sell things at this swap meet to pay the bills to keep us caught up. We don't have to worry about food with a fully stocked pantry and plenty of preps if needed.

I've got a lot to do today so I'd better get moving. I hope you all have a beautiful day.

Afternoon! We missed the storms that were to come through.. They must have gone right around us! Thank the Lord.. DH hooked up the wood cookstove for me.. I didn't get to use it all winter.. But since it's 39 and chilly today we went ahead and piped it into the furnace chimney.. So I made a breakfast of bacon eggs and toast and put a pot of bacon and beans on for supper tonight! I love the fact that I am feeding my family and keeping them cozy and warm and not wasting gas or electric to do so! Temps should be in the 70's here by Wednesday! Yes!!! Ya'll have a good day!

Guest Guest

Good afternoon everyone. So glad to hear you're ok there in TN mommafitz. We heard on the news of the death and destruction. What horrible things tornadoes are!

Don't you just love driving the back country roads Peaceful. DH and I are just back in from driving around looking for benchmarks and bridge rivets. Don't ask! It's a kind of game we're playing but it gets us out in the sunshine and fresh air and after a long winter it's so nice to be out.

grammea, we had homemade chicken noodle soup a couple of days ago on a cold, windy and rainy day. Boy those kind of soup/stew meals just hit the spot don't they!

Snow, you are doing sooooooooo good with your walking and biking, I'm proud of you!

Have a great evening everyone!!!

Quote:

Dianna I hope you do well at your swap meet tomorrow. Honeybee and Drone going too?

No, just Paul and I. Drone's not raising the birds yet this year and they've had a really bad year for puppies.

I just got back from town. I hate that place. I'd love to just stay here on the property and never leave. It seems that if I have any shopping at all to do and go by the bank, it takes me no less than three hours from home back to home. It just ruins the whole day.

It's so fun to see what everyone's up to today.

I forgot to mention the "egg lady" hasn't been selling eggs since last fall and I'm wondering if they're quitting the egg business. She's out on that back country road and it's a long way to go to find out there aren't any eggs with gas prices like it is I know she was having trouble with the raccoons after her chickens.

Grammea: That beef stew and biscuits sounds good!

Snowy: You are doing great on that treadmill and bike! Your an inspiration. Mmmm. Homemade pizza. I'm glad Old Pine is getting the work but I hope it's not too much for him.

Livinsimple: I hope you do great at the swap meet. It's hard when you have to wait for a paycheck.

Buttercup: Glad you got that wood cookstove hooked up. Do you have good access to wood supply?

Dee: Benchmarks and bridge rivets, eh? I don't know if I'd know one if I saw one!

Archived