MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Yanno,

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Let's just chalk this up as me being me.

But I gotta tell ya, in my gut, I'm getting very concerned with this increased activity with the bird flu.

It concerns me because *clusters* of people are getting it and they're dying from it. I'm no scientiest or doctor and I don't hafta be to have a little common sense to know that something's up and it leaves me feeling very unsettled and worried.

There's nothing I can do to stop it, there's nothing I can do to make everyone prepare, and there's nothing I can do to guarantee that I could help save anyone.

All I can do is run my mouth at this site. *shrug*

Keep a watchful eye, get your preps as best you can, in order and pray.

Darlene is right folks, all we can do is tell you, what you do with or about this information is up to you.

Personally it is becoming the main focus for us.

We can only treat the symtoms as they come up so it would be wise to get all the information on what to expect from the links provided and get ready.

I've had an increased feeling of urgency the last few weeks. I've had the gut feeling for almost a year now but this feeling is getting worse. The pending bird flu, peak oil and the unstable economy all make me very nervous.

I am working on putting aside money each week to get preps with. I will keep doing this as long as possible and put away what I can.

I'm just so glad that we have this site and all the like minded people that are on this site.

Guest Guest

The part of this that's got me rattled is that they keep confirming clusters of H5N1, but they aren't saying anything about birds.

Here's a story about the director of WHO. This is a bit disturbing considering who he is and what he for a living.

WHO director, 61, dies from blood clot

RICHARD WADDINGTON

IN GENEVA

LEE Jong-wook, the head of the World Health Organisation, died yesterday after suffering a blood clot on the brain, the United Nations agency said.

Mr Lee, 61, a South Korean, was spearheading the organisation's fight against global threats from bird flu, AIDS and other infectious diseases. The WHO director-general since 2003, Mr Lee died as his agency was about to begin its annual assembly.

Kofi Annan, the UN secretary-general, called Mr Lee's death "devastating".

"Not only was he a valuable leader to WHO staff the world over, but a cherished colleague and friend to me personally," Mr Annan said.

Work at the annual assembly, which runs until Saturday, was briefly suspended. Mr Lee's deputy, Anders Nordstrom of Sweden, takes over as acting head of the Geneva-based organisation until a new director-general is appointed.

Unless the procedure is speeded up, Mr Lee's successor will be nominated by the WHO's executive board in January and approved at the next annual assembly in May 2007.

Mr Lee underwent emergency surgery at the Cantonal Hospital of Geneva to remove a blood clot on his brain after he became ill on Saturday afternoon. He never regained consciousness.

The affable South Korean was a keen sportsman with no history of ill-health, officials said.

"There was no warning, no nothing. It was a complete shock," said Iain Simpson, a spokesman for the WHO.

Mr Lee's WHO career began in 1983 as an adviser on leprosy to its West Pacific office.

An expert on vaccination, he won recognition for his work in the fight against polio, helping lower the global rate of contraction to less than one in 10,000 of world population.

Mr Lee is survived by his wife, Reiko, and a son.

This article: http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=761412006

Last updated: 23-May-06

And just why did we send our stockpile of Tamiflu to an "undisclosed" location in Asia today??? What kind of pull or event would it take to get our stockpile out of the hands of the powers that be and send it to another country? Undisclosed my patootie...bet ya it went to indonesia...now we got 2 people in Iran dead today from BF. And we are quarantining all these people in Bucharest from a couple of sick chickens??? okay, sure. I guess I am getting a little jaded with the stories coming out or not getting out. But as someone else I was talking to today said, just one more day it isn't in my back yard is another day I have to prep. Yall keep a heads up and keep prepping.

Q

The government has already told us that there isn't enough Tamiflu to go around. There is no way that they can make enough to take care of every American and now they go and ship it overseas. Here we go again. We can't take care of our own but we sure can take care of everyone else.

I have not been able to confirm this yet, but I am hearing rumors that 13,000 people in Bucharest are being quarantined for 3 weeks, because of a new out break of BF. Has anyone heard this? Scares me that clusters are beginning to pop up.

I have been reading daily reports from

http://crofsblogs.typepad.com/h5n1/

I am convinced and have been for awhile that there is very little time left - months perhaps and the virus is mutating into a form that will or already has potentially passed H2H. I am not as worried about the Tamilflu, it is already showing resistance to it so it would most likely be not too much of a factor in surviving it by the time it gets pandemic.

Quote:
I've had an increased feeling of urgency the last few weeks. I've had the gut feeling for almost a year now but this feeling is getting worse. The pending bird flu, peak oil and the unstable economy all make me nervous.

It is so wonderful to find a site with people who feel the same way I do. I don't know anyone IRL who feels like things are just getting so bad.....
Stacy

It is concerning, but it is possible that the family were all in contact physically with H5N1. I don't know all the logistics of the story nore do I care to dig. I guess I have heard so much allarming news over the past year that this doesn't concern me much more than I've allready concerned myself with. Don't get me wrong my ears are wide open and if I hear of anymore cluster or people dying in a significant amount then I'm off to finish preps.

With my luck and not being to allarmed and all with this latest news, this will be IT. I'm not burying my head in the sand.

Guest Guest

I've been thinking hard about this situation and how a large portion of a family could get sick -then 7 of the 8 who contracted the disease die, without being around birds.

That part wasn't true. I was watching Nightline, night before last, and they did a segment on it. At one point, they showed chickens and coops being sprayed. There were animals all over the place!

They even showed the family preparing for a funeral for one of the victims. Not one of the people looked the least bit sick, and no one even coughed.

Now, having said all of that, I want to make a point. It is not my intention to diminish their lives, their grief, their problems or fears but, I have to say, the average person in the United States, does not live in those types of circumstances.

We don't live in such close proximity to each other. We don't eat from communal pots or dishes, or have communal bathing facilities. Rarely do entire families sleep in the same bed, the same room, or even in the same area where they cook. We don't have our livestock sleeping next to, under our beds, or in them.

Our knowledge of sanitation and our hygienic skills are greater. The average home in the US probably has 20 or more cleaning products.

We have an innate sense of personal space, that varies by region here, yet hardly exists in other countries. We are blessed with so much more space than other countries, that when a stranger steps into our personal space, we step back, and are often offended.

Our incomes per capita are much, much higher, which gives us a totally different standard of living and a different level of acceptability when it comes to the structure of our homes, and the quality of our foods and medicines.

We demand a certain amount of privacy, personal property and modesty, that is unheard of in some places. We have much greater access to information and education.

Yes, we are still vulnerable to new strains of disease, and virii, but we also have access to better health care, medication, and even OTC remedies & drugs.

All of this would explain- although I dislike this term- why some of these countries are called "third world." Their 'world', so to speak, is completely different from anything we know.

Plan for an uncertain future, make provisions for rising costs and a probable pandemic, but remember, we will more likely come out of this in better shape, and with fewer fatalities, than a lot of other places.

Don't let fear dictate your responses and your actions. Fear may very well be your worst enemy, in this case. Do the very best you can, and look to the Heavens for the rest.

God help us all!

Archived