MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday Morning

Judy Moist

Girlfriend, I feel for ya. Sometimes you just can't help people-especially family. My thoughts are that you need to take care of those young'un's of yours and forget everyone else. You are a strong lady. You are gonna be fine.

)

mommafitz

Good morning. ((((Unikemom)))) It's hard to make people stand on their own two feet but he will be better off for it in the long run. Maybe they will learn a little respect for themselves and others.

I'm off work today but I have a lot to get done. I have to wash clothes and hang them out to dry. I also need to get some dishes done.

Plus there is paperwork and a budget to make out. Not a fun day. I think I'd rather be at work.

Morning!

Whew, lots going on today for everyone, it seems.

Unike...when I was 19 and had a baby we needed to move back up here for work. We lived with my mom for awhile. We were doing, but looking back I'm sure it wasn't enough. While mom didn't kick us out, she didn't exactly make it pleasant for us to be there, so we had incentive to move out quickly. I'm sure it broke her heart to do that. We did, and everything went fine. I have to say, that if my mom hadn't have done that, I might not have developed some of those skills we all need to make it on our own. I'd have always felt like I could go stay with mom if things went bad...and then when they moved out of state, I'd have been stuck up a creek. You really did do the right thing.

Livin Simple...yes, a crock pot will help. Maybe also cooking some meals ahead and sticking them in the freezer or fridge so all DH has to do is stick it in the oven or mic. That way at least they can eat sooner, and you won't run yourself ragged trying to cook dinner after running so late.

Nothing so major for me today. Yesterday I didn't get enough done because they did turn off the town water yesterday. They weren't supposed to, but I kind of thought they would. I got the essentials (including a shower, LOL) done and that was about it.

Today for sure they aren't supposed to, so again I'll get everything I can done before 9 am LOL and then hope for the best. My kitchen looks like something exploded in there cause I haven't been able to properly clean it. So if we do have water that will be my project for today!

Mommy of Six

Good Morning once again everyone,, Thanks ladies for the input.. i am feeling some better about what I did. The kids and I actually got up at 8:00 this morning, We have been staying in the bed until 9:00 or 10:00 because the houseguest were always sleeping,, so needless to say nothing got done all day.

Well I already have 2 loads of laundry to go out on the line, cleaned up the livingroom,something is actually getting accomplished..

The kids are even more relaxed this morning.. just going about their own little business... So am feeling better about, and do believe I made the right decision.......

But thanks again for the input...

mommafitz~you are so right about the organized part. I will eventually get there. I am just in the second full week of working. I'll dust off the crockpot and I've been online looking for some recipes.

unikemom~I'm so glad that you are feeling better about the situation. You did the right thing and you will feel better about it as time goes by.

I went out to the garden and pulled a few weeds before it got too hot. I still need to get the laundry hung up. I guess I'm slacking.

(((Unike))) I hear you on kidlets loving to be nekked. That's why I told them to go ahead and be nekked little animals at me Dad's cabin way up in the woods.

Yesterday my mom called to wish me happy birthday, and told me my box of presents was sitting at her feet.

Guest Guest

((((((((((((((((unike))))))))))))))))

Too bad you didn't take pictures of the bruises she put on your son from pinching him. It could be important if she takes revenge and calls Child Protective Services.

ok, i have a few minutes to kill, in a cafe with the worst internet pay system ever. i have had to mess with codes, and the computer shutting down on me several times...i am here only so i could apply for a job online at rona. the application time is 10 minutes, so i paid for 15. one minute in to the application the computer shuts down and tells me i havce no time. (hugs for everyone!!)

Unikemom, I too believe you did the right thing. See how quickly you noticed the new behavior in your son's?

Cat, hope you are feeling better soon, I too had a migraine yesterday. Not fun.

Pixie, great to hear from you. Hope today is better.

LS, I agree, very difficult to balance everything. Sometimes we need to be Superwoman, but she really is a cartoon character. Hang in there.

Star... meet me on the Sunporch.

Archived