MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wonderful Wednesday

Kaye

Morning all! It's going to be another busy day, trying to play catch up. I have to hit the gardens again and pick beans to break. I'll probably can them tomorrow evening after I get back from town. Things sure have changed for me since I started prepping! I used to hate going to town, but now I can't wait so I can buy more prep items. Weird, I know!

I have to mix up a concoction today for hubby's dog that has a chronic ear problem. I'll let you know if it works and give you the link. You use boric acid, alcohol, betadine and something else I forget until I dig it up again. Actually, it's my son's dog and he's just about went broke at the vet's with it.

Got my hand pump out of layaway yesterday. I just laid it back the day before! How's that for eager?

Kaye

Good morning every one

I have had a good day today - spent most of the day in town shopping, I have been quietly getting the basics whether I need them or not, so the supplies are starting to build up. I tried a different supermarket today, the usual one has changed hands and is under a different chain. By the time I finished I had been in 3 different supermarkets! Started at Aldis for most of the basics, then to Bi-Lo, a cheap version of Coles, which has the same parent company as Kmart. Then finished at Woolworths to get the things I couldn't find at either of the other shops! I was very glad to get home, as I still get tired easily since I fell.

Apart from the tiredness, I thought I was over the fall, until I weeded 2 pot plants Better do the right thing

take care everyone

Sue

Good morning everyone. I've been MIA lately and I apologize for that. I've had a lot going on around here. Mostly stress due to finances and more vehicle problems. There is always something. I have stopped by to read but just haven't had much to say.

I'm off work today and plan on doing some canning. I've got some tomatoes to work up and I'm still not sure what I'm going to make. I could make spaghetti sauce, salsa or just can the tomatoes.

Paul, my hubby, is looking for work again. Two weeks ago he quit a regular job to go to work for a temp agency at a job where he could make more money and it was less miles. We thought it would go full time. Well, they told him Friday that the assignment had ended so now he's without a job again. I'm so frustrated. Please pray for us. He needs a job and soon. I don't know how long I can keep this up. My paycheck barely covers the bills, no extras.

I hope everyone has a great day. I guess I'd better get in the kitchen and get something done.

My garden is going to just die.. HOT HOT HOT... Todays forecast 98 with a 108 heat index.. Things are dying left and right.. Last day of work for me this week! Good thing I need a break.. Since the air doesn't work in the resturaunt I think tomorrow I'll just sleep.. It's supposed to be cooler on Friday only in the 80's! I hope to get out to my garden then.. But who knows?

Hope everyone is staying cool and drinking plenty of fluids.. We are camping in one room in our house with our little 110 unit.. It doesn't have a very big BTU rating but it's keeping this room near 80..

Oh, Livin, my prayers are with you, we've been in that situation too many times over the last two years. We just found out that even though DH was told that taking the post office test was just a formality, and any job they had was his, he will still go into the pool with everyone else. He's not a vet so he has no preference. I am praying like crazy that if they don't take him perm they will at least keep him on as a "casual". I hate that they told him the job was his when it really isn't. He turned down two other jobs because of what they told him. I will add you and your hubby to my prayers.

Yesterday I got quite a bit done, 4 loaves of bread, two pots of baked beans (have to finish those today), quadruple batch of pancakes. Then Roan decided not to nap so he was cranky all day LOL.

Today I'm cleaning. The kitchen is now a disaster area, and the rest of the house needs work after the heat just draining me. So I'm putting all the kids to work and we will have a clean house again!

Low 80's today. Should warm up again tomorrow but not like it was.

Mo7

Taking a break. Sue, have you been to the doctor? It sounds like you may have a ruptured disc in your neck from the fall. I have one and I can't bend over from my waist without tremendous pressure in my head. Or you may have a concussion. Please go and get checked out.

And Livin, I'll keep you in my prayers that your hubby finds a permanant job. And that your hubby gets the post office job, Mo7. I've been through some very rough times in my life financially, so I know what you're going through.

Everyone stay cool!

Kaye

monday at work i was not feeling well. but i stuck it out and finnished my shift. tuesday i had a migrane, took some painkillers, adn there went that, i felt good all day long. thismorning when i woke up i was feelinghorrible again. i had to go to work anwyays, because i am the only one to open the store, and there is no one there at 5am to call in sick to. so i went in and opened the store, i was freezing cold despite the warm sun. i wore my jacket with my uniform. i told my manager that i could not stay, and that i would leave just as soon as rory got there. of course, rory was 45 minutes late for work, and i didnt end up leaving untill 8:45. i borrowed 10 dollars from my boss for a cab, and went home. by the time i got home my fever was up to 39.1(102.4). it is still up, i have taken some advil, and i am trying to cool down. i am expected to be at work tomorrow bright and early, i dont know if i can do it. i do feel like i am getting any better.

my long distance got cut off with out my authorization because i owed 7 dollars!! can you believe it?! i called them up asnd told them to hook it back up. so they said that i had to call a number, and the number they gave me was a long distance number. (WTF!?) which i obviously cant call because i have no long distance. so she said that there is no record of me cancelling my account, and because i only owed 7 dollars (wtf?) that she would put in a request that i get my long distance back. so now i have to wait for a request to go through! grrr!!!

i am not having a very good day.

take care!

Hi all.

Pixie what an awful day. Hope your feeling much better soon. We use a calling card to make all our long distance calls. That solved our problems and saved us alot of money too.

Today I was in my garden, weeding and pulling out some potatoes for dinner tonight. I peeled them and ds cut them up. Going to fry them up along side of ham and eggs. Breakfast for dinner, cheap meal.

The weather is cooler than normal. Cannot wait till our vacation, down south is much warmer!

Take care everyone!

Archived