MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

An Old Fashioned Thrill

Momo

When I was a little kid we used to get our Sears Christmas wishbook in the mail. What a day that was. My younger sister and I would take turns looking at it and just dreaming about all the great stuff in the catalog. I used to circle what items I liked, just in case Santa or my parents saw it. My sis, being the greedy little booger, would circle just about everything. I told her it would be easier to circle what she didn't want. We would wear that catalog out looking at it for days and weeks on end.

And yes..my sister is still a greedy booger!!!

Mommo!

That is EXACTLY what my sis and I did! Sometimes we would cut the pictures of the toys out as well as look at all the Christmas ornaments, trees, goodies etc...

It sure was a remarkable feeling at that time and a very fond memory! Something so simple yet so full of fun.

Thanks for bringing me back.

AH..I think I remembered because the kids are going back to school and when I was little the catalog came right after school started. Of course, back then we didn't start school in early August!

We got Alden's too, but Sears had the best Toy selection. It must have been half of the catalogue!

Years later when I was a very poor newlywed I used to get a Penney's catalogue and dream about the house decorations in it. How heavenly to actually buy all those lush towels and bric a brac. It was so much fun just dreaming.

Archived