MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Labor Day Monday

LivinSimple

Hello everyone. I know, I haven't been around here much lately. Things have been very crazy around here lately. My husband is laid off, yet again. This time he can collect some unemployment.

He is now researching truck driving school. He wants to go back over the road since he can't keep a job around here. I'm not sure if I like that idea but he has to earn a living so I'll have to try to make it work. I'm just thankful that I have the neighbors that I can count on while he is gone.

I've been working on things around here to get myself more organized. I've been cleaning house and throwing things away, burning things and just doing general clean up.

I've also started my fall garden so we'll be able to put up more produce.

Things will probably continue to be busy around here until winter hits. I'm actually looking forward to winter, I think.

I hope everyone has a great day today, enjoy the holiday.

Good morning! Just thought I'd hop in here for a quick post before everyone wakes up. After breakfast we'll head down to the school for the kids to get lined up for the parade this morning and then they will have Kid's street games, little races, and after that we'll just have our normal routine.

Went to the museum yesterday to check out the quilts on display. I haven't been to the craft show so I might pop in there this morning. Later today there'll be a rodeo and then a rubber duck race down our little river. I need to buy a duck today. Prizes are decent and the money raised goes for scholarship funds for the high schooler kids.

I don't have any Well, better go and check out what else is going on around here before I get started. It's going to be a long week of cleaning before MIL gets here.

See ya later,

Good morning everyone and happy Labor Day!

I am going to be taking DD to the mall today to wrap up the last of her school clothes shopping. We have just about everything done - but she still needs some more shirts and jeans. I am going to focus on just getting a few shirts today - and then worry about the rest next weekend - when the mall crowds are not so big. Lots of back to school/labor day sales - so hopefully I can find good values as well as items she will enjoy wearing.

I plan to spend a few hours in the garden this afternoon (when we get back from shopping) to continue working on my garden expansion project.

Have a bit more of DD's laundry to do today - mostly folding at this point. Got the bread for the week baked yesterday - and there are lots of leftovers in the fridge for lunches this week - so I don't have alot that I need to do in the kitchen today - other than make dinner and do dishes.

Mornin' everyone. It's 9:15 here in sunny California. The weather has been wonderful lately. ...need to start cleaning up the weeds first though.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Stacy

today was a clean the house day. i had moved the furniture around, so there was clutter everywhere. lol i like the new set up, but pat thinks that the living room seems smaller. well, i like it that way, its cozy.

tomorrow i want to bake cookies. i have a cookie jar, and i want to use it. lol i will also try to get more siggies done.

we had a great trip, thanks to jo and kevin for thier hospitality. we have decided that we are very happy with the car we have chosen. it is great on gas and the headlights light the night very well! (lol!)

have a good night all!

Archived