MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Torrential Tuesday

mommafitz

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday Mommafritz! Oddly enough, up here in Ohio its chili weather as well. Fall is just around the corner. (I had to pull the blankets out of the cupboard the last few nights. First time in months more than a sheet graced my bed. Or me!)

We talk to the finance guy today, so one way or another Hon and I will know by the end of the week if we will be moving forward on the house we found. Each set of respective parents came forth and inspected it on Sunday and gave their blessings on our choice.

'Course, they left us the hard part. Actually making the bid. Only time my heart has beaten that fast lately was when Hon was on one knee this July. We offered about 4,000 less then they are asking (worse case, we can pay what they want, as its lower than we had budgeted - what a blessing!) but if we can get it for the lower price.... well it never hurts to try.

Its a beautiful old home, in town... not our first hope. But as I have another 1 1/2 of school, Hon goes until December, AND his job will keep us in the area for at least another 3 years its the best we can do for now. Its on an old quiet street, lots of trees. It sits on more than a city lot with a terraced backyard fenced in. (So plenty of room for my garden! YaY! And hon says plenty of room for the hottub he wants. For medicinal purposes only, of course. We'll see.

Morning!

Well, yesterday was...weird. Woke up feeling icky. Not sick icky, just my normal (although thankfully only a few days a week now) pregnant icky. Take care of stuff best I can. Oldest DD is sick. She came home the night before in trouble cause she was late, thencomplaining of upset stomach, I figured nerves cause she was in BAD trouble. Only time she gets out of bed is to hurl. Baby throws up once, but then eats normally rest of the day, must be his teeth. No one else is sick.

Day progresses, DH works on car, we need new push rods, not pistons. No big deal. Not a lot of cash either. Phew! As evening progresses, oldest DD not getting any better like I'd expect if 24 hour stomach bug. I step outside to talk to neighbors and hear from two different people that we have West Nile Virus positive mosquitoes in town. DD's illness takes on whole new meaning in my paranoid little mind, so we get littles fed, then send middles off to neighbors and borrow a car to take oldest DD to ER. I'm dreading trip to ER cause it's a holiday and I'm expecting it to be hugely full. We get there and there is NO ONE there. We get right in, and have initial exam, labs drawn and IV for dehydration within 20 mins. WOW! DD perks up a bit with IV in. Doc comes in does exam, says he's pretty sure it's a bug but we'll wait for labs. Labs come back fine, he gives anti nausea meds and sends us home. All in all we were there for less than 2 hours.

Get home, send DD to bed, baby is sleeping in car seat so we leave him there. Unload car, DH takes car back to friend and prepares to walk home. I walk outside to go get the middles from the neighbor. I'm exhausted now, and see something that looks like a REALLY BIG DOG about 100 yards away. Hmm, don't recognize a dog that big in town. Oh wait, that's not a dog, it's a BEAR! Turn around, run back to house (that is amazingly good for your adrenaline, let me tell you!) and call DH "Don't leave yet, big bear between you and here." Slip phone in pocket, step outside to watch for bear. Don't see him. Edge out toward neighbors, prepared to run. Get to neighbors, get kids, see DH walking home. Bear has walked up another street. Phew. Get kids home, collapse in bed. Oy.

So, I need a nice, relaxing day. Of course, I have to keep the middles home cause they have been exposed to the virus and keeping them home is better than picking them up in the middle of the day and/or infecting all of their classmates LOL. And my kitchen is a disaster area and I have a ton of laundry to do. So it won't be relaxing, but I'll settle for no ER trips and no bears in the yard LOL.

OK, off to find some breakfast.

Mo7

Well I do believe I read something about Mommy of 7 wanting to see a bear near her place!!

Hi every one, Tuesday is finishing, I have been trying to ignore a headache, but finally gave in and took some pain killers. DD got into the baking mode this morning, now the house smells nice and spicy as she baked the first Christmas cakes. There will probably be another one baked before Christmas, I always give my Mum and Dad one.

The TV is full of Steve Irwin's death (The crocodile man) At least it is a change from elections! Otherwise the days are warming up and I need to open the window in my office for the breeze.

Have a great Tuesday

Sue

You all are wearing me out - just reading about it! LOL!

Back to work today. This week is a humdinger of a schedule (which means it's impossible to get everything done that must be accomplished). I need to just breathe through it and get everything possible done - and punt the reprioritized items into next week.

I got more property cleared yesterday - got the bramble scratches all over my arms to prove it. I am close to being ready to start laying out how I want to work the garden beds in this section of property. Going to take some clever designing to make best use of the space - as it starts to slope away on the back portion of it. Either I waste that space... or figure out a way to level it... or terrace it. Leveling would be best as a terrace would end up shaded by the higher ground. I also have some small tree stumps that are present - either work around - or figure out a way to remove them properly.

DH will be taking DD in to the afternoon school orientation period - chance to pick up her schedule, put money on her lunch account, buy her PE uniform, and pay for her yearbook. They start school tomorrow - so getting some of this paperwork done ahead of time is helpful.

Off to the salt mines! Have a great day everyone.

Morning everyone.

The paint is offically on the house. Atleast its not that orangy brown and dark brown theme the last owners had on here. We had some issues with the airless sprayer but once the kinks got worked out it went up fairly easily.

Now its just the trim. My inlaws leave tomorrow morning so I will be doing the marjority of the trim alone. We did get a bunch of it done. Its just the part that needs to be done on a ladder and a few touchups here and there that need to be finished.

Holy Cow everyone looks like they have been so busy!

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Its supposed to be a scortcher here up to 95+ so I better get dressed and get out there to do somemore of the trim.

We had a really busy weekend and got quite a bit done. I really don't feel well today. Having trouble with insomnia. I do well if I take a sleep aid. But I don't like to take it past about 10:30 at night because I won't be able to get up on time in the morning. I stayed up late last night, didn't take anything so I didn't sleep last night.

I'm also babysitting today and need to go into town to pay some bills. It seems that our checkbook has sprouted legs and I'm not sure when it plans on returning. I really need to find it.

I'm going to try and pep myself up and keep all the natives happy.

Morning/Afternoon/Evening All!

Seems like everyone is up and moving this morning!

Magpie - Hope all goes well on the house and I hope you get to feeling better. I, too, got a list last week from my doctor of things that I needed to do or I would have a stroke by the time I turned 30 (turned 27 in January), so I am slowly making it through that list.

Mommaof7 - You just keep the bear. I do not need anything else making messes around my house. We have about a dozen kittens that have taken up residence in our garage and seem to find all sorts of stuff to strow in the the yard.

As for me, I only have 3.5 more days at work. Friday is it and then it will be a SAHM until I get the BP down and find a calm part-time job. Spent the weekend cleaning and reorganizing DD's room and the office/entry. DIdn't get it completely finished but there is a lot less stuff to deal with now. I did find our book on building a log-cabin that I pulled out. It has information on building outhouses, compost bins, a gravity fed water system. Maybe after Friday I will have time to read through it a little more.

Well, off to eat a little lunch.

Hope all of you have a blessed day!

Jerusha

I'm late checking in here but we've had a very busy day today. We had to go to town and pick up a few fencing and cage making supplies. We also picked up a few groceries while we were out.

Hope everyone had a great day. I'm now trying to get ready for work tomorrow. It's going to be rough going back after having three days off.

magpie, that house sounds beautiful! i hoipe you will be posting a pic or 2? (i LOVE wondow shopping at the local re-max...lol)

mommy of 7, hope DD gets better, and hope no one else gets it. you know, if i hadf a nickle for every pile of bear poop i had to shovel when i was living in the okanagan,...lol bears dont care where they are, they just let it go! lol great fertilizer though.

jewlzm, what colour did you paint he house? what colour will the trim be? i cant imagine orange and brown...i wouldnt want people to mistake my house for an a&w! lol my house is a greeny/gray. i bet you are just happy that the scraping is done!

j4schofer, i am interrested in that book, what is the name/authour/publisher?

as for my car, we bought a 2000 chrysler cirrus

1C3EJ46X4YN195490_1.jpg

this is the picture of our car that was on the dealers site before we bought it. good thing i saved the picture before they took the page down!

morrigan has leaned how to say "stinky toes!" and plug her nose and say "pee-eww!" lol its SOOO CUTE!

i have started on my cousins afghan, and i have not finished the other 2 yet!! apart from crochet, a siggy or 2(i hope) and some cooking, cleaning, family time and laundry, i have NOTHING to do! lol

Pixie- yes Im definately glad the scraping is done. It wasnt as bright orange as an A&W but it did look kind of strange almost halloweenish now that I think about it. It was that way when we moved in. Now however it is a medium grey with stark white trim. The red and coral roses and the orange merigolds really stand out now.

Once it is ours... lots and lots of pictures, promise. (Probally toss in the wedding planning phot's too!)

Jewlzm, sounds really really pretty. Especially wih the flowers. There seems to be a trend toward odd colors that ahve to be changed. I think hon and I saw 15 PINK houses on our search, and one house in anearby town that was bright pumpkin orange with teal trim.

Well, at least they can be found quickly?

Archived