MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Sunday

mommafitz

Yes it is a 'sunny Sunday' here too! If you need the 1 3/4" of rain that came in the wee hours of the morning! WE sure do and I love it! Cloudy & stormy all around, and at 4:30am the 3 monkeys woke in unison in fear of the rather loud thunderstorm and descended en mass upon our bed...Needless to say we lost a fair bit of sleep this morning, and once they all drifted off an hour or two later, we oveslept for church. Oops!

Walmart has certainly changed! Where my mom lives, they went to a lot of expense and trouble to redesign the store so that they could have fewer employees. They combined departments in the layout and hung up signs in the aisles so customers could 'find things for themselves'. Well, with all the rearrangement, good luck with that!

Today is going to be removing some weeds and doing a couple of loads of laundry. With only myself to worry about, there isn't a lot of washing to do! It may sound crazy to those of you with a house full, but I kind of miss those big wash days!

I have an online quiz to do for my medical terminology class. I'm hoping the essay I submitted for my other class last night gets a good score.

I'm hoping to have time to play with my spinning wheel and maybe work on either sewing the crib set or crocheting the layette pieces for the new grandson. You should have seen me yesterday when the ladies at the fiber shop helped me get the spinning wheel working! I was like a kid at Christmas. I want to order a grain mill, the corn/bean burrs, the repair kit, and an extra set of grain burrs. That will come out to about $450 I think. Does anyone have one of these mills?

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning! Sunny here, too!

I got to see the bear, finally! Last night about 9:45 or so we were watching TV and heard the trash can go over. DH is complaining cause of the mess, I said "Shhh" and ran for the back door. DD met us in the hallway saying "There's a bear in the yard!" We get to the back door, as quietly as we can in our excitement, and there he is. He is HUGE! Gorgeous black with a spot of brown on his rump and a small spot on his nose. He looked at us for a minute, then went on to less public pickings. Oldest DD said when she heard the trashcan go over she looked out the window and he was looking right at her with this look on his face like "I didn't do that, really, it just fell on it's own!" It was so neat to finally see him! Both dogs snoozing inside never barked, LOL. Need to work on some stuff with them I guess.

Today we are hopefully going to look at a van. I can't wait.

Also laundry, if the laundry room is open.

Our newER furniture didn't come yesterday, not sure what the hold up is, will have to go have a chat with them. Too many projects on hold waiting for that.

Also need to work in the playroom.

Mo7

Beautiful day here too. We are getting packed to drive to Quantico (DD and family are stationed there, and they need some help from us this week). The baby has to go to Walter Reed for an appointment, and DD would like Dad to drive her, while I stay behind and get our granddaughter off to school. It will be a short trip - back on Thursday. We'll be going to IKEA for some shopping for our DS and DDIL.

Will also be helping DD upack and clean.

Our WalMart is still accepting layaways (I even put 5 cases of canning jars on layaway and some black out curtains). The sign says they will start accepting Christmas layaways starting Sept. 15th, I think. I love layaways!

GH, I use to teach Medical Terminology. I would have my students read a nursing article, pick out so many medical terms, write out the definitions, and turn it in for extra credit. That way, they could start learning the terms and see them in context.

Take care, everyone, and see you all when we return.

Walmart will stop doing layaways next year. You can still use the service this year, but apparently lack of demand and rising costs have motivated them to discontinue it.

MomM - I'm taking this class online and they don't do any extra credit! I was pre-med for my bio degree, but I have a couple of classes I have to take to get into the nursing program. Had I been really smart, I would have done this long ago. I've had an interest in medicine since I was a small child. How may ten year olds have their own medical references for livestock? I guess I was weird, but it helped to know about animal diseases and their treatments when we were raising livestock. Any time we went to a used store, I was glued to the book section looking for my 'treasures'.

Had a 50th wedding anniversary party that we went to on Saturday (long trip coming and going) - so the day was pretty much lost altogether for anything but the party. Today, I spent the day doing some errands and chores around the house. I need to sit down and pay the bills tonight too.

It was overcast and spitting a bit of rain earlier this afternoon, so I decided to start a fire in the woodstove. I am regretting that choice now - because the whole house is now WAY TOO HOT! LOL!

Guess I will go shut down the damper and step outside for a minute to cool off.

Archived