MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SORRY! Help AGAIN??!!

mom11

HI!

I have 4 gallons of pickles, sitting in the vinegery stuff. I soaked them in the lime and water all night. Then I rinsed them and soaked them in the ice water. I boiled the pickley stuff and the cucumbers are supposed to stay in that 5-6 hours or overnight. I am worn out! Too worn out to process about 50 pints of pickles tonight, unless I have to. The pickles will be in the pickley stuff, 5 hours at 8:30 pm, one hour from now. Could they just stay in that stuff, until tomorrow morning and then be processed or will they be wrecked?? I am supposed to boil the pickley stuff, with the cucumbers next, then water bath. HELP!!!

Thanks CAT!!!!

I'm do'in them!! Good grief...How long can it take 24 quarts of pickels to come to a boil!!?? Dag Nab It!!! Stupid things!

Guess I'll try and post my dirty kitchen pictures....You all will feel so good!

Oh yeah mom11, I've been where you are with lime pickles. They take so long to make and it's just downright right tough to not end up spending until 11 or 12 at night with them. You'll be so glad tomorrow, though, when you wake up and it's done. They'll also taste sooooo crisp and good this winter.

They're done...Dang things!!!! They're popping away!

I got 30 pints....Thought I would get more, but never made 4 gallons at one time before! Tonight...I am so glad there were only 30 pints!!!!! Whewwww!!! I did 60 lbs. of tomatoes today and froze them, ready to can for spaghetti sauce...But NOT tonight!

Archived