MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Help me pressure can these recipes

HSmom

If it were ME...

I would home can the sloppy joes. I would simmer the sloppy joes with all the ingredients in a pot for about 5-10 minutes, before filling the jars up to put in the canner to process. I would process 75 minutes for pints, and whatever pressure is appropriate for my elevation.

For beans, when I make baked beans and can them, I pretty much cook them before I process them. I also do the pints for 75 minutes at the appropriate pressure for my elevation.

If I made your spaghetti I also would do the 75 minutes, etc...it will be interesting to see how the zuke's do from being processed and just know that veggies like that can leave a funny taste SOMEtimes in what you're making.

Good luck.

If you have it on your computer, open the picture by double clicking on it, right click on it, go to Edit, click on Image, then Stretch/Skew. Now you can change the percentages to 50% or whatever size you want it.

HS MOM ,

Just beautiful,lots of work too.

My dh is the canner in our family. He likes to can the garden vegetables, but I do all of the fruit and jams.

I am going to try out that white chicken chili.

Watch out, that white chicken chili is HOT HOT HOT!!!

My purchased canned diced green chilis say 4 oz and this time I only used a half-can.

And I like hot food!

If it comes out hotter than you like, stir in some nonfat cottage cheese (or sour cream if you can afford the calories), to mellow it. But don't add cheese before canning, only when serving, of course.

It is DELISH - I especially enjoy the heavy cumin.

Enjoy!

I'm thinking that next time, I could do a double batch of pizza beans in my big pot and a double batch of white chili in my crock pot to make 8 pints of each. Those I can stack in my canner (I have a divider plate-type thingy that dh made), and process all at once.

But first I have to WB a mess of pears.

Archived