MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tortilla's won't roll

I too have this problem when I make tortillas. My problem

is that they are too thick. The ones you get from the

store are like paper thin, there is no way that they are

going to break.

Is this your problem too?

If it is, than we need to get an expert in here and help

us figure out why they are getting too thick.

Are your tortillas flour or corn? Mine are flour.

If you make homemade flour tortillas you will want to steam them for use if you plan to roll them. You can get a screen steamer at most bigbox stores (aka walmart) or you can use a bread cooling rack or anything else to suspend the tortilla over boiling water.

I use flour. Yes, wrap around the filling.

Vic303, steam them, yes....I will try that and also try rolling the dough thinner.

Mo7, now that sounds good!

I do usually buy them at the store but the prices are 1.99 for 10 if you buy 3 packages. With a family of 5 you can imagine how quickly they get eaten up, we just love wraps!

Thanks.

I can't believe they are that high where you are. I can get them here where I live for around $1.79 for 10-12 of them. We make home made quesadias allot here so I keep them around. I don't think I would buy them as often if they were that high here either. Are you useing tortilla flour, or all purpose? I've seen tortilla flour at walmart in the international foods isle for next to nothing for a huge bag. I don't really know what the diff would be in the two though, but I've never made tortillas either. Could you use the thicker ones as pita bread?

Archived