MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MommyofSeven

Grubby

Yeah, Grubby, we were at WM yesterday and saw the cutest little girl's dress. The only thing that bummed me out about Roan being a boy was not getting to buy the girls clothes. boys clothes are wonderful, but not all girlie! I showed DH and he tried to maintain his usual stoic demeanor but could not help breaking into a smile LOL. He refuses to hold any babies because he thinks that will make him make one sex over the other LOL.

That being said, we do not know the sex. Our insurance right now will only cover an us if it's medically warranted. So the fact that we haven't had one is actually a good thing. If we DO have one I will find out the sex. I, too, have a lack of little girl clothes so need to know if I should buy some LOL. But I guessed rght with Roan. I remember telling DH "We are definitely haveing a girl now, I just bought boy clothes" LOL. Good thing I went ahead and went with my instincts on that one.

We have names picked out, I have from the first suspicions. But those I'm keeping a secret until the big day! No matter the sex there will be a family name in there, though, one to honor my gramma who passed and one to honor my dad.

If/when DH gets a new job we will get on the new insurance as soon as we can. This insurance we have blows. It's that self pay crap for self employed people. It's horribly expensive, but it's better than having none at all. The problem is not a lot of docs down here accept it. It was not designed for growing families, I think.

Anyway, that's my baby info.

Mo7

Mo7, here's what you do for the 'unknown' gender baby: Tell all your friends you don't know the sex of the baby, and do not want to know. Then as them to buy bright boldly colored clothing but not dresses. If it's bold & bright it looks fine on a baby girl as well as a baby boy. That's what we did on our 1st, when we did not know the gender. Turned out a girl, but we had a bunch of bright bold clothes that looked good on her anyway.

How exciting for both of you!!! Girls clothes, boys clothes I've bought both. I tell DDIL to exchange what she doesn't need.

I can't believe it's finally time for this first grandchild to be born....one week from yesterday! They don't know the sex either but DDIL has wanted to know, (ME too). Had to have an ultrasound before it was time to tell. Either will be fine with all of us as long as he/she and mother are all fine.

The names they've chosen are Jaxson Joshua (Joshua after the papa) for a boy and Brooklyn for a girl. I like them both and can hardly wait to see which it will be.

Archived