MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wet Wednesday!!!!!!

mommafitz

It is STILL raining here. We are expecting a major wind storm today. We desperately needed the rain though. We are approaching a high record for the month of November. Over 11 inches so far in a month. Congratulations on all the new babies. They are so much joy in peoples lives. Lights are flickering so have a good day all.

Thanks granny!!! I was blessed with lots of prayers from friends and family. I know that helped.

safetylady2, we may end this rain with flurries on Thursday.

Where is everybody?

mommafitz

Rain, rain go away....

Snow here, but what is new!

So far today i've put a casserole in the oven and made some brown bread with buttermilk. Later on I go to work, dinner is fixed and I can relax now for a bit.

Bought some beautiful Christmas Cards "Mary and Jesus", they are just gorgeous, I actually framed one of them.

Well, blessings all, take care.

I"m off of bedrest!

Actually it's been a busy couple of days, so it's a good thing.

MOnday we went to the doc, got the all clear. Phew. I was told to take it easy, but I have been, so that's not a problem.

Came home to no power. OK, have all the stuff for chicken noodle soup, so put that on to cook. Power comes back on, finish cooking dinner, just serve the plates, (full dark by now) and the power goes out again.

so that was fun LOL. At least we were fully prepared.

Yesterday was our board meeting. It ended up going almost 3 times longer that it was supposed to. But we had a lot to discuss. We found out that we have money to do things for the tenants, so now I"m looking for donations to expand the ideas I have. Anyone ever solicited corporate donations before?

gotta jet Roan just woke fussy from his nap.

Congrats Jo!!!

Mo7

Third day of rain here...and it's my rotti's time of the year. Every year about right after my son's birthday she goes into like hibernation grouchy stage. She will softly growl at anyone and everyone who gets to close to her...like get away from me. If she's not in her crate, she's under somebody's bed or in a corner somewhere. She only goes outside about twice a day. She's actually worse than a broody hen. She gets over it around New Year's Day. Just doesn't help my mood any with the weather making my pain so much worse to have a dog with a "mood" too.

Hi Everyone!

I had a good Wednesday, canned 5 bottles of tomato, lids. I could only get one pack on Monday, so I was not very impressed that I have to go back again. (35 minutes each way and about 55 Kilometres)

Have a great Thursday!

Sue

i bought some canning lids as well! i onlybought one pack because it is all i need right now...i know, i know, buy more and be prepared...but $$ is an issue right now, and it will continue to be an issue untill march. we are lucky that i prepped as much as we did, we have plenty of the staples, rice, flour, sugar, yeast,OXO cubes, pasta etc...that all we really need to buy from week to week is meat and fruits and veggies. i buy frozen as much as i can. i have enough stuff to make some more garlic jelly ( i LOVE That stuff!) and some more marmajam. its AWSOME on buiscuts!

tonight i plan on making danish puff pastry. do almonds go bad? i have had a half a jar of almonds sitting in my cuppboard for about.....3 or 4 months? the only thing i forgot to get at the store was butter. i have some margarine though. i usually buy that bulk because its cheaper.

i think i will make busquits again today, i love the recipe i found, and so do the kids.

Archived