MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday

mommafitz

Good morning Mommafitz. Thanks for the coffee. I have some cinna-buns. Their a little stale, we'll have to dunk them. That's ok with me; anything with cinnamon is my thing. Sounds like you are listening to your body. That's the best way to heal Enjoy your day outside!!!

I have to go get in the shower soon, we have a busy day.

The funeral is today for our neighbor's dad, and the Firefighter banquet is tonight. I think I'll stop by Walmart and get something special for oldest DD for watching the kids all day.

I got an early start, folded the two loads of laundry I was too tired to fold last night, and went through baby stuff. I still have some packed that I'll have to dig out, but I intend to go through all the stuff I put into storage over the next few months so that will be done gradually. The biggest blessing to having two babies so close together is that all I need are some more gowns, some light sleepers, and some pants. That's all in newborn sizes, I haven't evaluated what I have in bigger sizes, so may need to buy some in that, and if we have a girl then anything over 12 mos I will need to buy. But still...if the baby was due today I'd be OK. Of course, if the baby was due today I wouldn't need light sleepers or gown LOL. I even have the take home outfit put away to go in the hospital bag. I have a Winnie the Pooh onesie with red trim, a Pooh hat, a yellow knitted outfit that was part of the layette the hospital gave me for Roan, and red and yellow socks. Plenty of cute blankies in different weights because the weather in late March/early April is unpredictable here. We also have the carseat, a baby bouncer, a swing and a bassinette. The swing and bassinette are loaned to some friends, but their baby will at least be grown out of the bassinette by the time our baby gets here so the timing is perfect. I want to have Roan in his toddler bed by the time the baby gets here so there's no problem with jealousy over the bed. He'll be 18 mos. so hopefully he will be OK with that. If he's not, we'll just use the bassinette for awhile.

I have decided I need more nice clothes. I had a board meeting Tuesday so wore nice outfit number one, a long skirt and black sweater. Today for the funeral I'm wearing nice outfit number two, a dark green shirt with blue embroidery and dark blue pants. Tonight for the banquet I'm wearing nice outfit number three, a light blue "flouncy" shirt and black pants. That exhausts my nice outfits LOL. Neither of the shirts will fit once I get much bigger, and neither will the skirt. So I need some bigger nice shirts LOL. The pants are all elastic waist so shouldn't be a problem. I think I will ask my mom for a gift card for Lane Bryants for Christmas. Then I can find shirts that will fit over my pregnant belly but still look decent on me when I'm not pregnant.

If I ever win the lotto, I'm going to design a maternity line for large women. When I was pregnant with my seven year old, I was MUCH smaller to start with, probably by about 75 pounds, and even then I had a hard time finding maternity clothes. the larger sizes of maternity clothes seemed suited for tall, large women. So a maternity blouse would come to my knees LOL. I plan on losing a lot of weight after this baby, because the extra weight is detrimental to my health, but I will never be "thin". I have a large frame and my doc doesn't think I should be below 150.

wow this is turning into a book LOL. I'm in a talkative mood. Funerals put me into the "thankful" mood so I want to talk about the things I"m thankful for, and I'm very thankful that God put into my life a need to be healthier, so there we go.

Tomorrow we are finally going to church. I'm also thankful for that.

OK, I'll stop writing now LOL. Everyone have a wonderful day!!!

Mo7

I took our youngest DD shopping for maternity clothes yesterday. She will be 19 weeks tomorrow and has a belly. We were so blessed to find her 2 L/S tees, a cardigan and matching tank top, another nice tank top with a cowl neckline, and 2 pr of pants all on clearance. Did buy her a pair of dress slacks at regular price. She needed an outfit for a wedding reception she is attending tonight. All told I spent $86. and this is her Christmas present. She didn't have any maternity clothes so now she is set for a while. She says they are so much more comfortable. She is at the other end of the size scale. She is so tiny (size 1) and we had to really hunt for that size. She is blessed to have 2 sisters who have given her so many baby things (clothes, pack n play, swing, carseat, bouncy seat etc). She is only 18 and has moved back home so we can help her go to school. Not sure if she and the daddy will marry. I told her to really take her time and make sure he is the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with. Anyway, I better stop typing. Take care Mommyof6.

Archived