MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Scalded tongue - help?

Mt_Rider

I have never burnrd my tongue this badly, the best I can offer is maybe a popcycle. I use Miracle II neutralizer gel. It is the best burn remedy I have, it immediatly helps the burning, and aids the healing process.(it must be reapplied often)

Frequent coolwater rinses and using the popcycle should give some relief.

You might want to call your DR.

I've been told that Vicks Vapor Rub helps with denture sores, but don't know about on the tongue????

'Fruit of the Earth'-Aloe Vera Gel???? The only place I've found it is Wal-Mart. 100% aloe. No additives, no preservatives, etc. Could aid in healing.

Ambesol or such-would probably make your tongue feel *funny*. Blah,blah,blah,blah,blah... ....but, would help with the pain.

Slippery elm bark lozenges or tea, marshmallow root tea also, both cold. My herb of choice would be Comfrey though, made into a tea and used for a mouth wash. Comfrey contains allantoin, a cell proliferent and it speeds healing. There is also milk. It used to be used for even severe burns. Rinse the mouth often. Atually, vitamin C is very healing to burns, I'd continue to rinse the mouth with vitamin C water also if it were me.

Miracle II, yeah, good stuff!

Archived