MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Storm Moves In...

MommyofSeven

Sounds ominous, doesn't it? Actually, we're only supposed to get 5 inches or so out of this one, but I wanted to share my observations...

I was sitting at the dining room table earlier, looking out the window, and the fog started coming in, coming from the south (storm is coming from the north, must have been two fronts colliding). It was so thick I thought the house across the street from us had gotten a woodstove. Then I realize it's covering this entire end of the valley.

There are only about six houses down the street from us, and I can't tell that any of them are there. I see the eerie glow of a security light, but that's it. The fog is now so thick it looks like the power is out.

I'm not quite done with laundry yet, so was walking to the laundry room to flip loads out in this was fun. I had good visibility ahead of me, but when I left my house, I couldn't see the laundry room LOL. The dogs would run ahead, get lost in the fog, then come back LOL. It was really neat to watch.

I just hope when I have to go pick up the last load out of the dryer in 45 mins that I don't get lost, hehe.

January in Colorado...it's a beautiful thing!

Mo7

Super cool descriptions. Please DON'T get lost in it. And stay warm and cozy and SAFE through it all.

your laundry room isn't IN your house?

LOL yes, HS, we live in an apartment. Small town, rural setting, still an apartment.

Hehe, momma, yes, scary movie time, good thing I didn't hear that Friday The 13th music. It did, however, remind me of that story The Mist, by Stephen King. Thick fog around here always does that.

I do have a washer hookup in my house, (no dryer)but for one, I can't get to the clothesline, and for two, the drain pipe isn't working. By the time they get that fixed, something else will be broken LOL. When we were redoing the dining room a few weeks ago we found evidence that something in the wet wall in the kitchen had been leaking, so I"m just going to pull the washer out and put shelves in there. I tend to use it as counter space, then stuff gets spilled and goes in there and then it starts stinking so I run bleach through it but then there is the water leaking issue. Oy! I really hate living here and can't wait till we can move. The plus side is, I can put two sets of shelves in there where the washer is-more storage for preps!!!!!!

The storm gave us nothign but a dusting of snow!

Mo7

Archived