MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Beautiful Saturday

mommafitz

Happy Birthday to your DS! sounds like a busy day, take care.

Our neighbors are having a baby shower for our DD this afternoon. She is so excited that they are giving her a shower. She will be 33 weeks tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

We observe the Sabbath on Saturday, so no work, cooking, or shopping for me today. The longer I do this, the more I appreciate, and look forward to, this day of rest. God knew what He was doing, as always!

Hope y'all have a blessed day!

Hang on to your hats & batten down the hatches. We in Wa. state are sending youall another round of really bad weather. At our house yesterday we had 8" of really heavy wet snow. There was some melting in the aft. , freezing overnight...& now the wind is blowing 15 - 20mph. To put a nice sheen on everything, now we are having frozen rain. This goofy El Nino weather!!!!!!!

We have big wind potential today, too. Noticed some early this am but not since.

Have some carrots in the dehydrator, and getting the kitchen clean. I'm putting in a pork roast in a warm oven in case the power goes out, we'll have heat and dinner!

Belle, what do you do for meals on your Sabbath? I've never known anyone that actually observed the "rest" issue.

Mo7

Quote:
Belle, what do you do for meals on your Sabbath? I've never known anyone that actually observed the "rest" issue.

Mo7, we didn't used to observe the Sabbath, either, until I realized we were breaking one of the commandments and it was my fault. It took me another year to figure out exactly when the Sabbath was, but that's another story, prone to causing arguments and hurt feelings.

What we eat depends on the season. In the wintertime, when it's getting dark early, I fix meals after sunset or have something ready that can be reheated, such as soup or a casserole. Tonight it will be fish fillets and oven fried potatoes. I pre-cooked the potatoes yesterday, so all I need to do is crisp them up and season them.

In the summertime, we don't want to wait till 10 pm to eat, so I fix foods we can eat cold, usually either salads or sandwiches. The salads and/or sandwich fillings and breads are prepared on Friday. That works out pretty well, since cold foods taste better in the summertime anyway.

This was a beautiful day warm with a cool breeze. Opened the windows and aired out the house.

Yesterday was another story 50-60 mile an hour winds from the west in case you don't know what that means here that is a dust storm and it was a big one. Glad that is over.

Archived