MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Milk all of the sudden coming in 7 months after I stopped bf'ing

I quit bf'ing towards the end of November and my milk dried up...or so I thought. The past couple of weeks, my breasts feel like they are tingling, like when you are bf'ing. Then, yesterday morning, I notice some white on the nipple and I squeezed a little and there was milk! I just had my period, but I'm wondering if the milk coming in could mean that I am pregnant again? Does anyone have an idea? We've been using protection, but I know that doesn't always work. I was thinking of getting a PT, to check it out, but haven't made it to the store yet. I'd appreciate input from anyone that might know what is going on.

ps. I have had baby fever for the last month. I see a baby and think I wouldn't mind having another...even though DH and I both think we have enough.

Everytime I "weaned" a baby it took forever for my milk to dry up completely. Your hormonal cycle and "baby fever" can certainly cause you to produce a bit of milk again. I got baby fever just about the time I would ovulate for years after I had my last baby. If you miss a period or have other symptoms, I'd suggest a PT.

• 1 month later...

I'm new here & just found this thread. It's been over a month now........are you pregnant?

After I had my first baby, one of the first signs I had in following pregnancies was milk leaking from my nipples....even before a missed period! I was COMPLETELY dried up (and had been for over 2 years).

anyone remember the term wet nursing? usually virgins nursed royality.

call your ob/gyn and talk to him/her, usually a phone call is enough.

If the breasts are stimulated enough, milk will come in, even if you haven't had a baby. When people adopt, the woman can get hormone injections to speed things up, but the stimulus of a baby suckling causes milk production.

Archived