MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Bingo!!!

Homesteader

I've been researching and filling in the holes on ancestors's lives the past few weeks.

Several nights ago I stumbled into a family website. It has the complete NINE generations of my mom's maternal family since coming over on the boat. DarleneSwoon

My encouragement to all of you ... grab the shovel and keep digging!! cheer

thcongratsrainbowstartextandgraphi.gif Homey, I am so happy for you. clapsmilierahrah

You are so right, keep digging. smile

I'm still looking for our connection to Robert E. Lee. Won't give up, will just keep checking the sites. smile

Snowmom,.............have you tried going from Lee[ himself] downward. I had to do that with an elusive ancestor I could not locate.

Turns out he was a blacksheep son that was disinherited. A horsethief. He was also my beloved great-great uncle that taught me to ride when I was 4, and he was 90.

His father was a ship's captain, a strict Norwegian man who had a cold heart....or so I have pieced together.

It is sooooooo addictive...I'm a ancestor junkie. Good luck on your search. balloons

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep checking that family tree. I do have to contact the owner of it and have some of the details changed in my direct line. Names mispelled can really be haunting.

laundry The washing machine stopped. Time to hang them out!

Skagitgal, if we are right about his relationship, he would be a, (I think), 7th cousin to me. So, his parent would have had to been a brother to the father or grandfather of our our Great Grandmother. I've looked and looked and looked. But, I am NOT giving up. smile

One problem we have is that we can not find the parents of our Gr.Gr. Grandfather.

My great-grandmother was Emeline Latisha Lee, born, 20 Jan 1848 in Greensburg (Decatur Co.) Indiana, her father was Silas Lee, born 04 May 1814 in Indiana and his father was Hiram Joseph Lee, born about 1876 in (Clay County) Indiana. He married a Nancy, or a Mary, right now we are not sure which. It seems to me that I have seen Mary in some of the information on line though.

So, we are thinking that Hiram must have been a brother, maybe blacksheep, of Robert E. Lee's father or Grandfather.

But, we have it in writing that our great Aunt had written the fact that Robert E. Lee was a cousin of our Gr-Grandmother, Emeline Latisha Lee. She just didn't tell how. frown

Yes, Homey, just keep checking all leads. smile

Hey Snow - I've got Lee in my family. cheer

A Rosanna Lee married Nathan Moll between 1837 - 1838 in Pennsylvania. She was born 14 June 1818 in Northampton Co Penn. and died in 1889 in Jasper Co Iowa.

I was also SHOCKED to find out that Darlene's family sneeked into my family tree. DarleneSwoon

God forbid!!! rofl

I was thinking that because Lee was such a public figure; it would be easier to trace his 'tree', to see if/where it would mesh with yours.

I would think his 'tree' would have been well traced out, and would probably include your ancestor...providing the link.

Just kinda a back door way of getting there.

If not, it's still interesting. Wasn't Lee's horse called Traveler? A Grey singlefooter? I still go for the horses!!! bouquet

Homey, you and I may be related some place down the line. smilebighug

I've gone back from Robert and forward from Robert, but can't find any connection. There could be a child not mentioned in the genealogy, and that is probably where our connection comes in.

Keep digging for info. smilethhugswithfaces.gif

Archived