MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Felt like I saw a ghost

gimmeaminute

I felt like I saw a ghost the other night. I was researching the Bundy family tree and found a post from my sister in 2000 offering information to another searcher. She was doing the Bundys and I was doing the Johnsons. She died in 2001 from breast cancer and her records were lost in the shuffle of moving everything from her store and home to a barn on her daughters property (don't want to vent on that). I could almost see her typing that entry, she spent a lot of time on the computer because she didn't have the strength or time to do much else.

bighugsad.gif

It must have been quite a shock.

But how sweet to know that she was reaching out to others even through her trials. hearthrob.gif

Are you having to re-do her work, or is there a way to (after all this time) access her info?

rose.gif

Gimmeaminute, I'm so sorry about your sister. thGR5FGirly5FHugs.jpg But, you now know she had been there. I'm sure it was a shock, but one you can handle.

I do hope you will be able to locate the information she did have. I know how it is to lose genealogy.

thGR5FGirly5FHugs.jpg

Thank you for the concern. That's a lot of the reason I like coming here, everyone has time for others. No, I'm redoing the work she did and have just started. We spent hours going from one place to another, visiting cemetaries, museums, libraries, etc. until she got too sick to travel. She enjoyed her life and we enjoyed it with her. We were the oldest of six children.

Again, I will say good luck in finding everything again. IMSORRYINPURPLE.gif that it was all lost, but maybe one day it will be found.

It is nice that you can go to the different places to find the information you need. So many of us are not able to travel around to do this.

I'm the youngest of six who lived. thGR5FGirly5FHugs.jpg

Youngest of six that lived, that has fond memories for me. The youngest in our family was the only boy. We girls spoiled him rotten.

We didn't have to travel that far to do our research. Our ancestors were some of the original settlers in northwestern Pa. and we only had to travel 10 to seventy five miles. We have two ancesters listed in the who is who of Pa. That's funny because we have these illustious ancestors and we're mostly dirt poor.

I couldn't travel like that now because my two heart attacks and my husbands two bouts with congestive heart failure used up every penny we had put up. Neither could I physically do the traveling. But, that doesn't spoil my using the internet to search. It was really something for me to find Sheri's old posts. Brought back a lot of beautiful memories.

Thanks for wishing me luck finding the lost info.

May GOD bless all of you.

gimmeaminute..the internet is so wonderful for genealogy.

We have trouble travelling too because of living on a fixed income and poor health. The internet is like a lifeline for research.

Archived