MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sundays Dinner Menu

Well We had our churches Supper after service and this is what I made and brought to it:

2 Large Pans of Home Made Lasagna- serving 60 people,

1 Large Pan of Tossed Salad/Italian Dressing

2 Aldi's Canned Hams sliced thin with Cherry, Pineapple Rings and Brownsugar glaze- for sandwiches,

100 home made Keiser Rolls for the Sandwiches

1 Large Pan of Baked Calico Beans

1 Home made Carrot Walnut Sheet Cake with Home made Cream Cheese Frosting.

All the pans are restaurant size so they hold alot of food.

By the way we also had Roast Turkey and Sausage Dressing with Green Bean Casserole and Sweet Corn Ears that were frozen from the Summer Harvest, plus bread and butter pickles and carrot and celery strips on plates on the tables. There were a sheet pan full of brownies and a couple of trays of cookies.

I had Jello with peaches along with a cup of turkey soup that one of my friends was kind enough to make for me.

We froze all the leftovers so that our womens missionary group, prayer group and mens group can enjoy them when they get together for meetings.

Oh, wow! That's a lot of food!

Our church had plenty, with most of us taking just a couple of "dishes". I took a potato dish with cheese, two pumpkin pies, and two German Chocolate pies.

It was pretty cold & snowy, so we had a rather small group. I ended up giving 3 pies away. It's fun to share.

Hi, when I heard calico, I thought cat, not that you would eat cat... but maybe you would take a calico cat out for dinner.... tee hee

I had just two 15 year old boys with me for supper last night so we had tuna melts and fries in the oven... last of the chocolate cheese cake for dessert... then when my son's friend left, he sat down to a super size bowl of cereal.... he's a growing boy, growing and growing.

Cat I want your German Chocolate Pie recipe. Mr. Rec is a Chocoholic and I have dabbled a bit myself..LOL. I will post my Calico Bean Recipe and Lasagna Recipe here in the recipe section for comparison.

Mr. Reci helped me do the prep work on the cooking and baking. I am so blessed!