MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It was Dad's job...

Leah

Found this, can you relate?... http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showto...04712&st=30

I ate dinner once at a place where the person who was cooking was also the mother of 3 very young children, ranging in age from just toddling to 1st grade. It was Dad's job to keep the little buggers out of mom's hair while she was cooking, if dad and children planned on eating that night.

Evidently, Dad was not taking his job seriously enough. He and I were watching SportsCenter and talking football, when I hear a shriek from the kitchen. Number 2 son comes flying out, briefly reminding me of the running of the bulls in Pamplona, covered in a mysterious beige fluid. I caught a whiff of vanilla as his young toddler sister stumbled by, similarly coated. Mother followed behind with a now nearly empty bowl of what turned out to be cake batter.

Dad's face fell. Jesus wept. Bowl goes upside down on dad's head. Followed by a terse "There will be no dessert tonight, I'm sorry."

I had to take a smoke break to keep from cracking up and ruining a perfectly good story by becoming an active character.

FistFullaRoux

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like an average day at my house. lol

• 4 weeks later...

Archived