MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursdays Menu

My brother brought me a venison roast and some fresh rainbow trout so I am going to freeze the trout and make a nice Venison Roast for dinner.

SO the menu for today at the Reci House is:

Marinated Venison Roast, roasted with onions, carrots, shallots, fresh mushrooms and baby red potatoes.

The marinade is made from olive oil, vinegar, thyme, rosemary, italian seasoning, fresh cloves of garlic, salt and pepper. I let the roast sit overnight in most of this marinade and then I baste it across the meat, veggies and potatoes while they are baking.

I am also making Green Beans, tomatoes and garlic cloves in the crockpot. This veggie simmers all day long and is a meal in itself.

Watermelon for dessert

The roast was free and the veggies were also free

I bought a seedless watermelon last evening along with potatoes. Green beans and tomatoes besides garlic also came from my brothers garden.

The Meal cost less than 80 cents per person.

Hubby is away seeing his father, as he does most Thrusdays, so Thursdays tend to be very relaxed meal times here in the Deanery! Tonight we are having cheese and onion quiche, pickles and French bread, followed by yoghurt.

That's fine, Deb, as long as you've grown the cereal yourself, and also the trees for making the cardboard. also milked the housecow for the milk for it..........................

Just joking. I buy my own cardboard these days!

We are having one of our favorite dinners...tostadas with chorizo (Mexican sausage), homemade green salsa and homemade guacamole. I'll add some lime, and it makes a great meal! For dessert, I think DH is getting me one of those DQ cakes. Not real good for us, but it sure tastes good!

I think we should call Reci and Lowly the Martha Stewarts of Ms Survival.... holy moly... make cardboard,

You crack me up Bleb, throw cereal on table, sounds like me... tee hee

thursday was home made pizza.... tonight your guess is as good as mine...... no food in the house... will stop for some groceries on the way home.........