MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

BBC's Pandemic

Becca_Anne

Becca_Anne, I watched it all the way through. It really worth the time, even though I thought I knew a fair amount about transmission of the virus. I hadn't known that they suspected the H1N1 virus of causing the "sleepy sickness" prevalent a few years after the 1918 flu. A flu virus that infects organ systems other than respiratory is a scary thing indeed.

The footage of the zoo tigers dead from bird flu made it all real for me.

I'm going to send the link to family members. The program is very professionally done and calmly states the risks. Most folks with half a brain will conclude they need to do some prepping.

Thank you.

NMChick

Wow! I watched the program this afternoon while baking cookies - talk about a disconnect, huh? I sent the link on to family and friends. This show ought to go world-wide. It is a well-done look at the reality we may face. Thank you for posting it here!

The one part of this show I wished was different dealt with preps. They went to one family's home to view their preps. Lots of snacks - it seemed rather silly. I mentioned that to a friend today, who also watched it. She agreed that the prep segment was actually almost amusing, and it would have been better to show someone with more ... normal preps.

Archived