MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

CHINAMART CANNER SALE

Abigail

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheer

Was in my local "chinamart" tonight getting Halloween candy and came across what I presume to be a "closeout" of their canning goods...unless they moved them somewhere I didn't see...The small Presto 16 Qt. canner, that is OK for smoothtop ranges; HALF PRICE. I picked up one for only $30.

Also got seven boxes (all they had left) of wide mouth lids for $1 each; usually 1.97.

They also had Pickling Lime for $1 a container...couldn't see any dates on it; does anyone know if it goes bad?? If not, I'm gonna go get more tomorrow. No pectin, unfortunately...or jars.

Still, I'm delighted with my score of a "backup" small canner.

Check out your local chinamarts; just in case this closeout isn't unique to my local store!! canning

I gotta look more closely at that stuff when I go to Wally world. I usually want in and out as fast as I can, although yesterday I was taking a closer look at the flashlights. But I have to go after work and after dealing with over 100 teenagers, I just don't have much left!

Of course I didn't start out with a lot... whistling

You know, I think that both my local Wal Mart and K Mart have stopped selling canning supplies; K Mart never had much, but it's all gone now. Wal Mart had a whole aisle of it just a few months ago and it's all gone now. We don't have Wally World in my area.

What's the deal here? Anyone else seeing their local canning sources going away all of a sudden? Seems all we have left are the local groceries, which all had a very limited offering.

I saw the last of our Walmart canning stuff on clearance too, and bought all the wide mouth jar lids. Thanks Abigail for the info. But, I think they're just making way for all the misc Christmas junk, canning supplies being a seasonal item? Dunno.

Yep, same here. They moved all the canning supplies out to clearance tables. I made my way to four of them and got all the lids they had. One even had jelly, pints & quarts marked down to $5.00 a dozen, so I had to get a few of them also. grin

wormie

John

Archived