MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Big Winter Freeze??

cookiejar

Originally Posted By: mommato3boys
No snow, sleet or rain here just 80 degree weather. Current temps at 6:35 ET is 63 degrees.

Can some one some where PLEASE send me some cooler weather its December for goodness sakes. shrug

Same here; just looked at 10 day forecast for our area on Weather.com...not that I think something that far out is terribly accurate...and high temps range from 79 to 53. Most of the time it looks like short sleeves and flip flops...

Guess we need to look at the bright side...spending next to nothing on heating; a/c at a minimum too.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
We will send anybody all the snow they want if they will send some sun this way so our greenhouse will heat up again and stay warm. Our lettuce is shaking in the little pots we have it growning in and the spinach is droopy. Had a thin layer of ice in the water bucket on Monday night so we need some sun out there.

Try a kerosene heater in there for a little bit before you go to bed. Might keep them warm enough thru the nite.

We've had freeze warnings here for the past 3 nights in a row. Frost every morning and it is cold! I know other places are having temps in the teens and below zero...but highs in the 40's and 50's to me is freezing... frozen

Archived