The Big Winter Freeze??

cookiejar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Leah
SueC, are you sure you have no snow?
bigsnowflake.gif

Okay everyone load up we are going to visit SueC. australia She is having summer there. We can just relish in the thought when we are pushing 100 degrees in the shade she will be shoving her way out so she can go to work rofl You time will come Sue you time will come rofl

I wish that time was here now. The temperatures have skyrocketed, from average to hot and sticky, I am trying to pack, working up a sweat and the handtowels are packed. frown

Dripping in Queensland ...

Thanks jewlzmom, it's good to be back. It's been a long rough three months and I sure hope it's settling down.

There is about 2 and 1/2 feet on the swing in the front yard now and it's still coming down. We had to go to the bank and pay some bills today (oops that was yesterday now) and the roads are a mess. I'm sitting at the computer in the family room where the wood stove is and that heat sure feels good. Hubby is in bed snoring away. Don't know why the dogs can't get him up for a change. I'm praying for all of you.

Snow stopped throughg the night. The sun took a lot of it yesterday, but there is still a lot on the ground. Ski areas ar in pure joy, after a few bad years.

Lovely Slovalk Wife made it OK. She saw a big bull moose standing just off the road in one small town on the way.

The truck was under the snow mound. It now sit around back to keep the plow from hitting it.

Attached some photos from the Big Dig Out.

**Someone stole my cup of chocolate laxative I had waiting here for me. It takes 24 hours to work so whoever did it, we know where they will be today.**

812-E-BeautifulDowntownGrinchMaine.jpg

813-E-Truck1.jpg

814-E-Truck2.jpg

815-E-Truck3.jpg

816-E-Truck4.jpg

Originally Posted By: OldMaineBear
Snow stopped throughg the night. The sun took a lot of it yesterday, but there is still a lot on the ground. Ski areas ar in pure joy, after a few bad years.

Lovely Slovalk Wife made it OK. She saw a big bull moose standing just off the road in one small town on the way.

The truck was under the snow mound. It now sit around back to keep the plow from hitting it.

**Someone stole my cup of chocolate laxative I had waiting here for me. It takes 24 hours to work so whoever did it, we know where they will be today.**

Great photo of a snow bank, but where's the truck?

Good grief!
Well, I'm glad at least all are pretty much okay.

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg everyone.

Well, we did get hit with two storms. It started snowing Saturday morning and snowed all day and most of the night. By Sunday morning the driveway was plugged up real bad by the plows going by. Old Pine went out to see just how bad it was and came in and called work, as he was suppose to go in, and told them he would not be coming in. They probably weren't to happy about that, but it would have taken him hours to dig out and with his health problems, he just couldn't do it.

So, we spent the day doing things around here. I baked some Amish Sugar Cookies and he baked some White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti, which turned out great this time. He did all the steps, and when I baked it I missed one. frown Anyway, it is almost gone, except for a few pieces and some I have back to ship. smile We had gotten about 8 inches of snow.

About 4:30 I needed to go down stairs and as I went past the kitchen window, I saw our neighbor and his son out at the end of the drive way cleaning it for us. They didn't do all of the drive way, just probably about 10 feet at the end of the driveway where the plow keeps putting it.

I had an appointment Monday morning, so we did get out and then went to town as well to the library and Pizza Hut for lunch and out to Wal-Mart and grocery store. I did bake the cookies that I had mixed up on Sunday evening, as they had to be in the refrigerator over night.

We got in touch with one of my nephews and he came out and plowed us all out.

Tuesday, we both had appointments in town at the clinic, and so it was another run to town.. It was snowing when we got up and it snowed all day and into the evening, I'm not sure just how much more snow we ended up with, but probably at least another 6 or 7 inches.

After we got home, I baked more, I baked some Salted Peanut Cookies, and are they ever good. smile Then after dinner, I baked some Cranberry Orange Bread, then made a Fruit Cake. smile

My nephew will be out again today, to plow us all out again. Boy one year you don't get much at all, never need to be plowed out and the next two storms within a few days. smile This is so good though, there won't be sewers freezing up like so many times.

I am so thankful that we didn't have the rain before the snow like some of you had. It has been cold here and so with the temps below freezing for several days before the snow, there wasn't the rain.

I do hope everyone is doing ok now and that those of you who are snowed in are in front of a nice warm fire. We don't have a fire place nor a wood stove, I can't take the smoke. Allergies, you know. frown

When I can, I will get some pictures of the cookies in the Kitchen to show you. smile

HAVEAGOODDAY-1.gifHUGS2-1.jpgHAPPYWEDNESDAY2.gif

Snowball fight? iconsnowmananitiny.gif

Afternoon all. We're getting 1-3" predicted inches here in Maryland. It's so nice to see it coming down. Last year, I got a Sunburn putting up my christmas lights! I swore I wouldn't put anything up this year if it happened again, but now the Princess is calling me a humbug? So I guess I'm guilted into getting in the spirit.......Yuk Reb

Good Morning... it is Thursday and snowing! 24+ inches on the ground after 2 days of snowing off and on. Temp. is 17 but no wind so we may go for a walk this Am as soon as the sun breaks.

We will send anybody all the snow they want if they will send some sun this way so our greenhouse will heat up again and stay warm. Our lettuce is shaking in the little pots we have it growning in and the spinach is droopy. Had a thin layer of ice in the water bucket on Monday night so we need some sun out there. frown

Michael1

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

Well, Old Pine said it was snowing earlier when he went out to feed the birds before going to work, so we too are getting more. I think we figured around 14 inches of snow and getting more now.

Yesterday was really sunny here for most of the day, but then it clouded up in the late afternoon.

Remember all this cold and snow next June, July and August when it is 90º and we are all so hot we can't stand it. smilelaughkick

I just posted all the baked goods I have done these past few days. smile So, go to the Kitchen if you want to see them. smile

HAVEAGOODDAY6-1.gifHAPPYTHURSDAYPURPLEANDGOLD.gifHUGS2-1.jpg

sunning

Well, last week we were on our patio BBQ'ing. Our attire: tank tops, sundresses and flip-flops.

...and I wonder why it's hard to get into the holiday spirit!

Seriously, the weather here can be a toss-up. Christmas day 2004 we actually had snow flurries!!! My youngest had said she wanted to see a "white Christmas," so we couldn't believe that we actually had the flurries...only stuck to the ground in random patches, though.

Still, it was enough to close down roadways due to ice...NO snow equipment here, and no one knows how to drive in it...

Today's forecast is a little more seasonable; 43 now at 8 AM... frozensupposed to go up to 64 today...tomorrow's high 78.

Originally Posted By: OldMaineBear

Love the pictures!! Helps it feel more like Christmas time...MY vehicle is covered in pine needles and "love bug" juice...I am SO ready to move out of here to somewhere that has 4 seasons...

So - go throw potatoes at the weatherman until he gives you the weather you want!

1481.gificonsnowmananitiny.gif

I'm also in Idaho. 5 below this morning and for the first time since we moved here 4 years ago, our pump froze. I guess the snow wasn't deep enough to provide insulation yet. Got it all situated with hay bales and tarps. Thank goodness for good neighbors. No matter how prepared we may seem they'll always be those unexpected bumps in the road.

It has been a bit of a challenge, but not too bad here. We've had a coating of ice on everything, making feeding the critters a little bit exciting - it has been like ice skating, taking their feed to them! The poor goats mostly stay in their shed and peek out, as walking on the ice is very treacherous. The horses are a bit braver and venture out across the ice. But they walk very gingerly - I hope none fall and get hurt. The Cowboy took a spill the other evening while we were out doing chores, but he was not hurt badly - just a scrape.

The trees are covered in ice. So far, it does not appear that they have sustained severe damage. If we get high winds before this stuff thaws, though, that damage assessment might change!

Driving has been a challenge, as our roads aren't well cleared. Without four wheel drive, we'd not make it out at all. The first 6 miles of country roads have been very icy with not much attention to plowing and a few scattered cinders. Once we make it to a state highway, two wheel drive is OK. I talked to a gal yesterday who told me that her friend was in an accident in this ice - he lost control and his car rolled - he was killed. The roads have been treacherous.

So far, we've not lost power, which is very fortunate. So many people have. One area near here has been declared a disaster area.

The forecast is for clearing weather, so I hope that we've seen the worst of this storm system. Ah, but it isn't even officially winter yet! More to come, I'm sure! frozen

Archived