MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Birth Control

cannedgoods

My goodness. Obviously, this man knows nothing about how births were regulated during the last depression. My grandfather used a condom. Condoms were scarce, so he washed it out, hung it to dry overnight, then put it away for the next time. When it no longer held water, he replaced it. Cheaper to buy a condom than to have another mouth to feed.

• 2 weeks later...

In the absence of medical alternatives, and in the absence of condoms, the old ways of herbal remedies are a last resort. The herbal references nowadays refer to the ancient knowledge about the various herbs in terms of "women's problems" or "women's health" or "promotes menstruation". What that really means is that it is one of the many herbs formerly used world-wide by midwives and herbalists to aid women with birth control issues. Typically, the herbs are used in conjunction with one another, not individually.

To control fertility without modern technology awareness of the fertility cycle is critical. Try the book Taking Charge of your Fertility, or look up Billings Method. For most women it is possible to tell when you are fertile with cervical mucus and charting temps. Obviously without a thermometer it's harder, and it takes discipline but it is possible to reduce unwanted pregnancies, and easier to get pregnant if you want to!

Originally Posted By: PoGo
I consider this to be a female and a male subject. It's a joint decision.
Why should only females be responsible for birth control?
Both male and female are affected by the consequences of birth control failure.

As a 36 year old, single guy with no kids, I have to agree. Guys should be concerned with birth control.

Second thing to note:
There are other means to relieve stress that don't create kids.

Third item:
If you are through making kids. There is no reason I can think of to not get your man snipped. My brother did it. He had a couple days sitting around with frozen peas on his privates, but it is no big deal. (I would do it, but there is still hope that I will find the right girl..... Not to mention the fact that with as little action as I have been getting, ....)

Herb: Queen Anne's Lace (Daucus carota). The seeds are supposedly 'almost' as effective as The Pill. It's an old Appalachian favorite, but usage is not limited to that area...

Google it.

BTW, the roots are edible, and when taken from first-year plants, can be prepared like carrots, hence the other name for this plant: "wild carrot".

Caution! Research this plant well. If you ever have to resort to wildcrafting...there's a poisonous look-alike (Poison Hemlock).

Archived