MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Baking Powder

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

I have never kept flour in the freezer and haven't had to throw out much either. Even the flour I bought in 1999 and used yet in 2000, it seemed fine, no bad smell or bugs. But, I did keep it in plastic containers.

Like I said, I have a small can for my baking powder and the yeast I keep in the freezer. smile I guess I freeze almost anything. smile Guess, I should start putting flour in the freezer too. smile

I'm sure you will do just fine. smile Not sure your age, but, I have had many years experience and still learning. smile You know they say you should learn something new each day. smile

HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gifSNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

bump Thank you everyone. I've been trying all of your suggestions, and my biscuits have been getting better and better.

I have a rather unusual tip to share...my son worked for a restaurant that basted or sprayed the unbaked biscuits with a mix of sprite and melted butter just before they went in the oven. He said he was told that made them rise higher.

Well, I tried it and it did seem to work. I can't imagine why it should...have any of you heard of this "trick?"

Archived