MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Darlene's receipe for vinegar/bleach disinfectant????

betty

I'll jump into this before someone gets hurt.

I don't know the actual formula/quantities

just that you don't add one into the other or you get toxic fumes.

Bleach is a non active cleaner and vinegar is the acid (acetic)that activates it making it deadly to all germs.

Pour bleach into water and then pour vinegar into the water.

That's about it

so at the vet's office once day, I asked them what they used to kill the germs on the floor from parvo and other contagious diseases ....

Bleach, PineSol and Water! a little of this and a little of that and a lot of this!

guess the pinesol makes it smell nice.

• 4 weeks later...

that 'acidified bleach' thing is on an EAP site on Federal Anthrax Decontamination Efforts" also on as well as a mention in Miles Stair End Times web site. He documents its discovery well, by one Norman Miner, a microbiologist at MicroChem Labs in Forth Worth (specialized in germicidal chemistry). It kills bacillus subtilis, which is more resistant than anthrax. The Feds use it for anthrax. It will kill everything from anthrax to ebola to smallpox and anything else. Composition:

1 cup bleach (8 ounces)

1 1/2 gal (6 quarts) of water

1 1/2 cups 5% vinegar

Mix the bleach and water, then add the vinegar. Do not add vinegar to bleach, it reacts. Use a plastic pail, stir with stainless steel utensil or wood stick. This is corrosive, do not use aluminum!

Apply on hard surfaces, wait 1 hour, rinse off. Be sure to rinse off very well. (or things might rust, oxidize, or otherwise get ruined).

I think that is what Darlene was talking about.

Archived