MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Kid friendly lunch ideas

My kids are getting sick of soup and sandwhiches. I need more ideas!

Elephant ears...baked bologona with mac&cheese in it.

Mac&cheese, tuna and green peas

homemade spaghetti O's - can of spaghetti sauce and poured over ABC noodles or pasta twist or some other fun shape.

dogs in a blanket...hotdogs and cheese wraped in cresent rolls or canned biscuites

banana boats...small flour tortilla spread with peanut butter wrapped around a banana with tooth picks stuck in the side like oars

campfire meals...small meat balls, potato chunks and carrots wrap in alumuin foil and baked. I would let them cool drain any grease and then the boys would make tents in the living room and eat and pretend they were out in the woods camping and eating.

fish sticks, veggie sticks, chicken fingers,

stuff potato skins- bake potato, scoop out in sides stuff with shredded chicken with cheese on top then bake until cheese is melted.

my boys always like baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese on top...yes even when they were little.

calzones

jerky with fruit and nuts

burritos

Jamaican beef patties

I bought a lot of little plastic containers, and fill them with nuts, seeds, granola, trail mix, and the like for snacks. And I bought several varieties of fruits. Then I make up a lot of pizza dough for calzones and breads (roll with broccoli and cheddar or pepperoni), and burritos. Then they just grab and go all week.

Great ideas! I especially like the banana boat idea. laugh I would stick a little umbrella in it too, just for kicks. :P

wouln't want all those little rowers to get heat stroke. lol

Archived