MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Welcome to Maine

OldMaineBear

12 below zero ambient. 10-15 inches of snow for the weekend.

BBQ anybody!!

I think I remember what part of the snow field my BBQ is under.

I just got my truck claened off from the last one. It's red. I actually saw red under the white.

Got the coleman stove out, candles and oil lamps ready. I am SO ready to turn the calender to May.

The Alberta Clipper can go to dry dock any time now.

Now I think I know why I didn't move back to Massachusetts after I got out of the army. I knew the winters were worse in New England. Ohio is bad enough. We have snow today to...in fact as I look out the window it is swirling around heavier and with larger flakes. I don't think we are just getting snow showers like the weather said. This look like a real storm... You could have kept the snow in Maine... I don't need it here, really. to think that there was a time I asked my family to send me snow. That was in Texas and when I was in Okinawa. Neither place got snow and I missed it. Snow sure is pretty, but I don't like having to go out in it and I have to work today.

I am soooooooooo happy to report that as I write it's 29 degrees and SUNNY!!! Yea SUN!!! We're to have a high of 34 today but winds of 20+ miles an hour will make it miserable to be out! frown By tomorrow up to 40 but again the winds. I don't know how long the nicer temps. are supposed to last, I'm afraid to look!

It was wicked Monday and part of Tuesday and yesterday, so you two this better stuff is coming your way in just a few days hopefully.

We've had ice underfoot since Dec. 1. I don't know if any of us will know how to walk again IF the ice ever melts.

What a winter!!!!

We got another 2 or so inches in an hour last night.. This was a real heavy wet snow. Everything had melted! Now it's back. Ugh. I can see it's dripping from the roof so maybe it won't last long. Ds was coming home from school during the middle of last nights snow storm.. Put the truck in the ditch.. He and the truck are just fine.. My truck is still stuck in the barnyard where he got it down to the running boards in the mud 2 weeks ago. So I couldn't get him out. One neighbor was out of gas.. We couldn't get the tractor started at the other neighbors house and finally the another neighbor used his sister's truck to pull him out. Good thing because we were out of neighbors! Hope those to the east stay safe.. It seems to be a fast moving system! Maybe you will get lucky.

You "didn't lose a fiend " ?! sarcastic_hand.gifLaie_hilarious.gif

Oh yes, 'indeedy I do'...

Well here it comes again!! Double whammy this weekend. Not satisfied with just one storm we have to get hit with two back to back. One leaves and the other is four hours behind it. All freezing rain and sleet. At least I can find my truck, it will be the big chunk of red and silver ice with a yellow plow stuck to it. Colorful at least.

LSW has a 100 mile trip to drive in the break between storms tomorrow. Unavoidable trip she must make. I'll be a bit on edge until she calls me from across the state.

Got lots of hot chocolate ahead.

Archived