MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Best Friend's Mom

cookiejar

Her Mom had dizziness and a bad fall. The ER doctor said that from the fall , there is no evidence of any broken ribs, just some very bad bruising. (The Humana Dr. had said she had broken ribs but the many xrays they took at the hospital don't show that.) There is no evidence that there was trauma to the kidneys, liver or head from the fall. The doctor said that the MRI can't be done until today because it was closed by the time she got into the ER room.

Her main health issue right now is the congestive heart failure. She has fluid in her lungs and lots of swelling in the legs.

They are giving her a diuretic and she is on a Foley(?) catheter.

and she did not have her life alert on so she had to crawl to the phone-she hates to wear it, but that is a different story and I'm just tired.

Please put Barb's Mom in your thoughts and prayers and please put Barbie in. She is exhausted. I am gonna go over and take of her Mom's dog, put trash out for the truck and then spell her at the hospital when she goes back ( she had to go crash after all night in ER).

Thank you so much-

Finally found out that when she retains alot of fluid, it strains her heart which causes an errythmia which sets off her difibrillator which makes the faint/drop.

2 liters of fluid out of her. Kidney infection and her bruising.

She's stable which helps a lot. Taking it day by day. She'll be in for a bit, then I guess rehab then from there huh?

Took care of her little dog, and such. I arrived in time to see her on MR. Percocet! woohooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No, Barb's family has helped my family out a zillion times. You just *do* with friends that are family.They've done lots for me too. Sorry, if it sounded like I was tooting my horn, more like just writing out my need-to-dos. blush

Sorry to be *out there* in typing. I appreciated the prayers and letting me come out here where it's safe and get all odd and emotional. If that makes sense? Thank you. Keep the prayers going for Miz Carmen and Barbie.

People have come out of the woodwork here which relieves the load and makes everything better. I just needed that hard core shot of prayer from you folks. smile

Thank you again

cookie

Thanks so much...

Went over yesterday and took her tulips for Easter and a big old bowl of Easter goodies for the nursing staff (peeps, candies, cookies). Always take care of the staff.

Her little dog is now at her son's living the hi-life with the kid's and other mutts. Just till Barb founds out where Mom's going...much better than a kennel eh?

So far, Barb's mom is doing better and may be discharged to a rehab center soon with after care at home later. She started getting really fretting and working herself with all kinds of imaginary things "I'm gonna die! No one cares!I'm in pain from the kidney infection" and on and on waking poor Barb in the middle of the night with complaints about the nurses. (Did I mention she's a weeee bit difficult? crazy )

Well, that all changed, concerned she was working herself up to much and creating more anxiety than good for her, the doc put her on Lexapro (?).

Plus darvacet...

working out muchhhhh better.

Bad cookie bad..I know. God's forgiving me.

Archived