MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fishing Fly Season

OldMaineBear

Well, most of the streams are now free of ice and the fly fishing season has begun. Now I've heard a lot over the years about this fly fishing and how much fun it is, never tried it myself. I always wondered about proper lures for fly fishing and all the other paraphanalia involved. The lures are of course small and I hear presentation and color are everything. I've never been able to figure out why anybody would want to fly fish as they seem to be able to find me whenever they want and it seems like most of the time if you just leave any old food out they will find it, but I guess the purist fly fishermen take great pride in landing one by rod. I guess I can see the challenge in coaxing one to bite, but despite my natural misgivings I will give it a try this year. I have finally found some really good fly fishing lures that are small enough for the game intended. I've included a photo to show you my new fly fishing lures. Now I gotta look up and see how many flies I can legally keep in one day of fly fishing.

1081-FlyFishingLure.jpg

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

OldMaineBear, you are so cute. smile Good for a laugh though. smilelaughkick

The rivers around here are open too and we saw a couple guys fishing yesterday when we came home from town.

I was tired of this coughing and sneezing and such, so I went to the dr. I've had it for about 4 weeks now and figured it was about time to get to the dr. I came home with a Z-Pac and cough syrup. smile

Now the river is just across the road from us and back in a way, but, at a couple spots it runs close to the road. There were a couple guys fishing. Guess it is about time to get our fishing licenses. smile

We have 31º right now and the Weather Bug says 32º and our high is to be 70º today. smile

Now, OMB, you take it easy with your fishing. winksmile

HUGS4-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY-1.gif

Originally Posted By: OldMaineBear
Well, most of the streams are now free of ice and the fly fishing season has begun. Now I've heard a lot over the years about this fly fishing and how much fun it is, never tried it myself. I always wondered about proper lures for fly fishing and all the other paraphanalia involved. The lures are of course small and I hear presentation and color are everything. I've never been able to figure out why anybody would want to fly fish as they seem to be able to find me whenever they want and it seems like most of the time if you just leave any old food out they will find it, but I guess the purist fly fishermen take great pride in landing one by rod. I guess I can see the challenge in coaxing one to bite, but despite my natural misgivings I will give it a try this year. I have finally found some really good fly fishing lures that are small enough for the game intended. I've included a photo to show you my new fly fishing lures. Now I gotta look up and see how many flies I can legally keep in one day of fly fishing.

I never knew there was a limit, in fact, i even tie them right on the bank and have tied them while standing in the river.

OHHHHHH!!!!

Your supposed to catch FISH!!!

I misunderstood the term I guess. I though you caught flies!!!

Guess I better read that fly fishing book again with my glasses on this time.

This getting old stuff sneaks up on you fast. Not the sharpest blade on the Swiss Army Knife anymore.

Archived