MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

BBQ RULES...when the "MAN" does the cooking

Trip

BBQ RULES

We are about to enter the summer and BBQ season (note: in Washington it may take awhile longer). Therefore it is important to refresh one's memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of cooking a 'real' man will do .......... probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine ..

(1) The woman buys the food.

(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.

(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man! who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

(4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....

(5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again:

(7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine....

(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

(10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off.' And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women....

(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off.' And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women....

Where you come up with this stuff rofl

Originally Posted By: Sadie
Oooops ...now look what you have done..got me so ticked off with your male chauvinist attitude I double clicked...roflmao

OINK OINK ..... grin
Originally Posted By: preparing

Where you come up with this stuff rofl

It just pops up on my screen...mostly my buds wives!! rofl

gee I dont know why the women would look irritated at all.

Its right on the money I would say.. Men do little cooking but we are supposed to bow and kiss his feet.. Women do much cooking and its not thought of as anything other than normal.. lucky to get a thank you

Now.. where is that club???? (need to thump somebody)

rofl

I wish dh would turn put the meat on the grill and take it off. But NOOOOOOOOOOOO he sits on the couch watching NASCAR with is beer in hand and says ... "honey the grill is smoking" rollingeyes

At our house wifey does the grilling. I learned real quick dh could not be trusted with fire. One example....ds#2 year end ball team party dh and fire chief are in charge of the grilling. They had flames shooting so high and smoking that the guys at the fire department did a drive by just to make sure some one hadn't set the park on fire.

Yep wifey does the grilling it is safer that way. Hubby is in charge of car repair. darlene

Originally Posted By: Sadie
Oooops ...now look what you have done..got me so ticked off with your male chauvinist attitude I double clicked...roflmao

While your heading off the rat us out brick a pair of beers along..k luv?
Originally Posted By: Jewlzm
gee I dont know why the women would look irritated at all.
Its right on the money I would say.. Men do little cooking but we are supposed to bow and kiss his feet.. Women do much cooking and its not thought of as anything other than normal.. lucky to get a thank you
Now.. where is that club???? (need to thump somebody)
rofl

Uh...Feet???
Originally Posted By: mommato3boys
I wish dh would turn put the meat on the grill and take it off. But NOOOOOOOOOOOO he sits on the couch watching NASCAR with is beer in hand and says ... "honey the grill is smoking" rollingeyes

At our house wifey does the grilling. I learned real quick dh could not be trusted with fire. One example....ds#2 year end ball team party dh and fire chief are in charge of the grilling. They had flames shooting so high and smoking that the guys at the fire department did a drive by just to make sure some one hadn't set the park on fire.

Yep wifey does the grilling it is safer that way. Hubby is in charge of car repair. darlene

Uh...the beer is for sprinkling on the fire...and ya have to drink it cos everybody knows ya can't sprinkle warm beer on the BBQ...taint the meat...so..in the intrest of the enviroment one makes sacrafices... bouquet

There now, see how reasonable it is when you full understand the rules??....and try not to stomp so hard while bring the beer, it makes it foamy and you can't use fomey beer on the meat either.... grin

Archived