MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

canned meats

Does anyone have any good recipies for using canned beef or canned turkey?

Thanks!

shred by placing in a bowl, use two forks and tear apart. Now you can make tacos, burritos, enchiladas, pot pies, Oh yes, BBQ beef or french dip sandwich! just a nice beef on sourdough or rye with mustard and swiss cheese!

Shredded or cubed and put into a gravy over mashed potatoes or cut into portions on a plate, mashed potatoes with the juice from the meat thickened and made into a gravy and ladled over the meat and mashed potatoes!

Used in chili!!! it depends on the foods you eat, learning to adapt how you cook. I cook lots of ethnic foods... not much pot roast or meatloaf here...maybe 2 times in 20 years... so we adapt these kinds of meats that are canned into the recipes I already cook.

my husband said.... make soup or stew!

thicken the broth for stew.. a nice hearty wheat bread so sopping up the juice!

right out of the jar cold or heated! use the juice to cook rice in.

ok, done for now.

I use canned turkey and/or chicken to make "chicken salad" for sandwiches by adding chopped onion, celery and relish and mayo. When i make the sandwiches I lay lettuce leaves on the bread or toast.

We like hot chicken sandwiches with mashed potatoes and lots of gravy. The same for beef.

I make a sauce to serve over noodles by combining a can of cr. of celery soup and a can of cr. of chicken soup, a little onion, a little garlic, salt and pepper and a pint of canned beef with a can of water and simmering for an hour or to taste.

Archived