MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thanks to everyone here

SugarDaisy

I just want to give a huge thank you to every here that gave me so much encouragement when I posted how much I hate canning. It made me realize that canning really is hard work, and now that Ive changed my way of thinking and planning accordingly, Im canning again. Im still making easy things like pickles but Im feeling a lot better about the process.

So thank you to everyone!

canning is a job like any job. the up front planning is exciting, the actual work is a job much hated.. peel, chop, chop, chop.. that is the "I hate canning part" then it is in the jars which is starting to get fun again, into the pot to process.. and then..

TA DA! that sound of those jars popping and pinging and sitting there looking at me!

that is fun!

oh and then there is the eating.. that is the part I like best!

when my family ate everything! I cut every bit they put into their mouths! every little bit I touched! it is healthy and I did it.. that makes it all worth it!

Keep canning, the more you can the easier it gets. You will get into a routine and in no time you are done.

What's really fun is inviting someone else to help. It's easier to do together, you have fun talking, and you're teaching and/or learning.

If it's a young person you're teaching, it's wonderful! wink

bighug

Originally Posted By: westbrook

when my family ate everything! I cut every bit they put into their mouths! every little bit I touched! it is healthy and I did it.. that makes it all worth it!

Are you SURE you did it all?

lol

SD, I am so happy for you. I'm glad that you're feeling better...we're always here if you need to talk.

Archived