MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday Salutations

mommafitz

Mornin' Ya'll! wave Long time no see! happy02

I have stopped in at MrsS a few times to glance at some forums but haven't wanted to post. The real world has really been stressful. In a condensed version...........

Our school system didn't start on time......the Board of Education and the County Commision can't agree on dollar amounts in regards to a budget. Schools were ordered open by a judge. Budget still hasn't been agreed upon. Schools may close again... shrug Affects my high school Junior(DS2)-he's an athlete AND an honors student.........

During the Football game last night, DS2 got hurt. He'll be ok but his knee is gonna be sore for a while.......That was scarey! eek

Very concerned about my job security. I have discussed this before.....

Money issues are always a factor.....I've taken money from my Christmas Club account 2 different times over the past 6 months...I can do this cuz it's through my employer........am using it to get groceries this weekend. We've gone through most of my preps...

My little dog Benji died last week after being with me for over 12 years. I rescued him from the dog pound when he was approximately 6 years old. He was a constant companion. I miss him greatly. mecry Even my husband shed some tears........

I am currently without my medicine ( hormone patches) because I can't afford them. And I have health insurance (through work) to help pay for them. Therefore I am on an emotional rollercoaster and I have no energy. I don't know if lack of hormones effect everyone the same way........

These are just a few things......

On a good note, I have a 3 day weekend. I seem to be more productive early in the day. I plan to vacuuming, clothesline, dishes, dusting, laundry, shoppingcart at my own pace. That's a good thing. happy02

I also need some down time. I think I'll research some crafting ideas for Christmas ornaments. clap

I planted some collards and 2 diffent kinds of green beans a couple of weeks ago. I'm gonna pull weeds and play in the dirt. I hope I can get a late summer crop from some of them.

We got rain this week! It was great!

Our tomatoes are doing great. Nothing else gave much bounty. furious

I'm off to sign up for the Ornament Exchange. That is always fun!!!

Have a great day,

mommafitz

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Oh, mammafitz, I'm so sorry for all that is going on with you and your family. I will praying that things get better for you. bighug

It is always so sad when our fur babies leave us. I can mecry just thinking of Queen and Prince sometimes too, so here are some tissue.jpg for all of us.

Don't forget to count all the time you are working and shopping and add them to our miles next week. smile

Glad you joined the Christmas Ornament Exchange. smile

I slept in this morning, oldpine is at work and Minnie and I went back to sleep and didn't get up until after 8:00. That is late for me. smile

I have thing to do around here too, so guess I should get moving. smile Need to feedme breakfast yet too. smile

haveanicedaydogandflowers.gifhugsgirlandflowers.gif

Hi Everyone!

I'm still marvelling at the wild weather we've been having! Night before last we had "hurricane force" winds with gusts of 100 mph. The storms that rolled through did a lot of damage. Fortunately, we didn't have much right in my area. The thunder was impressive. It was a constant noise...no "crack, crash, pop", just a constant rumble like a freight train going over. From the damage I saw around town, I would swear we had tornadoes!

My youngest is in town this weekend. He is helping a Navy buddy move back home. DS will be out of the Navy soon, so that will mean all of the kids will be back in one place!

I have to make a trip to my mom's this weekend too. She has garden stuff that needs attention. Fortunately, I don't have to be back at work until Wednesday.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

(((mommafitz))) I'm so sorry life is happening this way right now. I feel it is a disgrace for the way the county is handling the school situation. They are showing such a disrespect for the children. Please take care.

I'm very sorry you are having so many problems, mommafitz. Those are way too many things all at once. I understand about your missing your dog. Mine has been gone four years, and I still miss her and am sad. Job insecurity and money worries and running through your preps. Yikes! And no hormones when ya need em! That can definitely wreak havoc with emotions, etc. That sounds like two plate loads of woes, not just one.

I'm glad your DS2's knee was not hurt too badly. And that you have an extra day off and can work at your own pace and that you have a garden to play in and crafting Christmas ornaments to think about. I hope you enjoy your weekend and get some rest, too.

Good for you for focusing on the good things. When I do an "I am grateful for..." series (and really make an effort to come up with all the good stuff), things always seem to get better.

Archived