MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sept. Labor Day 2008

mommafitz

Mornin' ya'll! wave

DS2 and I are off to football practice this morning. I made him rest his knee this weekend. We'll see how things go today. I think he's fine. clapsmilie

The house got hot yesterday from baking the hens. Today we're grilling porkchops. Are ya'll grilling? Tradition and all ya know! bounce

We're gonna hang around the house today. Gotta get ready for the upcoming week.............I'm also gonna keep an eye on the news.

praying Prayers going up for those in the storms path.

Have a Blessed day,

mommafitz

Labor Day - the unofficial end of summer - School days and Autumn in the air! Do you know why they chose the first Monday in September? To give the working class a chance to be off work during the long no holiday months between Independence Day (July) and Thanksgiving (Nov). Just a bit of trivia.

Are we cooking out?? Are we cooking out?? Just a bit! smile Porkchops, Ribs, Hotdogs, Hamburgers, Sausage... I won't cook for a week! feedme I'm getting in the kitchen early to beat the heat and make the potato salad and devilled eggs and etc... And then today is THE day the pool gets closed...not to open again until Memorial Day Weekend...we'll miss it.

We start our official 2008/2009 school year tonight. This is the first year that I've incorporated 'night school' into our homeschool planning, I think it's going to work out fairly well. If not, I can make adjustments.

Adding my prayers for the storm situation. Have a great "Last Blast of Summer! I'll be dreaming of cooler temperatures to come!

We're going to Chik-filA sometime today for free chicken strips. You have to wear either a collegiate or pro football logo shirt. No problem - Gooo Vols! DH and I plan to work on the pantry today, clean, reorganize, etc. Hope to play around with my CL grain mill today, too. DH is ready to order the motorized accessory. Will have to see when I can squeeze it out of the budget. Anyway, please take care, all, and stay safe.

We're just using this as a regular day. Don't know why but I guess that's what we want! smile

I did make a batch of potato salad and does it ever hit the spot. DH loves it. He doesn't care for grilling however so that's not on our menu for today.

You all have a great day!!! bighug

Archived