MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Icy Morning for ME.

OldMaineBear

The first dip below freezing for the year here in my part of the world. Awoke to a frosty 31 degrees. Fired up the wood furnace to take the edge off. The flower gardens are all blue, tarpaulin blue to be precise.

Birds are gorging at the feeders, feathers all ruffed up for warmth. Long trip ahead for most. Chickadees are waiting their turn. Soon they'll have it all to themselves for the winter. Amuses me that the tiniest bird toughs it out for the winter here. I guess that's why the Chickadee is the state bird. Followed by the Black Fly and mosquito.

It's coming and not all out wood is in yet. Going to be some busy weekends at the splitter from here on.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Well, it is suppose to be a partly cloudy day today and it has been that is for sure. But, the sun is coming out now. smile It was darker at 8 this morning than it was at 7. It was about 55º when I woke/got up and checked. According to the Weather Bug we could have up to 85º in town today. It was up to 80º yesterday and it was just a bit windy, not as windy as I had wanted. I have 3 loads of clothesline outside. I plan to put one more out today.

I've been working in genealogy this morning. DIGUPYOURROOTS.gifGENEALOGYBUG.gif I have had it for many years now. smile

Our hummingbirds left about Monday and the Rose Breasted Grosbeaks left a few days before that. Orioles too have left us for the south. but, like you, we have the Chickadees and Nut Hatches. We will have woodpeckers all winter long too. We will be seeing other birds in another month or so too, so never a time without birds around us here. smile

I had to start the furnace last week a couple days, as it was very cool outside and in. We did get as low as 33º one night, but, so far we haven't gotten a real frost. I still have one of my house plants outside. It is so big and I can't carry it, or I am not suppose to carry it in. I'm just waiting as long as I can before asking old pine to bring it in. smile

You all haveanicedaydogandflowers.gifHUGS4-1.gif

Some areas around me had a killing frost in upstate NY. I enjoyed the fresher, crisp, clear air today.

When I went to mha, everyone's mood was up, but we are still all thinking about the hard times coming and generally pretty upset about the elections.

I worked on prepping some yarn for two different projects.

I showed a friend how to use the round knifty knitters and she is going to try and make a baby's cap from some pretty and lightweight yarn that would be the right weight. I let her take the loom and the pick home with her this weekend and the instructions.

Some of us wrote prose about the weather changing and about loving nature all around us. Some of them have nicer handwriting than I do and mounted the poems on some birch bark pieces we had collected this summer for adirondack crafts. They looked interesting. ( I am so fed up with my printer here at home, as it won't work so I cannot use some fancy font and print up my prose I wrote). But I am cheerful and working diligently on little projects all around me that I need to get into and pay good attention to. I feel the Lord is having me do this and it is a good feeling to be obedient to Him.

I have buttons to replace on some nicer blouses I can wear comfortably because I have been losing weight or I just like the blouses!

I cut up some old flannel for Potty use if I ran out of Toilet Paper if things go down hill. I know I need to get a good number of gallons of bleach and vinegar too. Thats a good thing for next payday.

I put the flannel pieces in a can with a lid. Recycling the can to do it. I painted it white.

Well, off to do the buttons... you all have a nice day.

Some music would be good too. ( Independent station around here is really nice in its mix).

Local weatherman here in Connecticut said it was going to be in the low 70's today. So far, the temperature has gotten up to 62 degrees. I don't think it is my thermometers - I have 3 of them (different sides of the house) and they are all reading 62 - 63 degrees.

One thing I find very interesting - A weatherman is the ONLY job I know of where you can be wrong 50% (or more) of the time and not only keep your job, but get raises also. grin

Archived