MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Vodka and other Booze

CRANBERRY LIQUEUR

2 cups sugar

1 cup water

1 (12 oz) package fresh cranberries

3 cups vodka (I used Monopolowa)

1. Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and cool completely.

2. Place cranberries in a food processor (or blender); process 2 minutes or until finely chopped. Combine sugar mixture and cranberries in a large bowl; stir in vodka.

3. Pour the vodka mixture in a large clean jar; secure with lid. Let stand 3 weeks in a cool dark place, shaking every other day.

4. After 3 weeks, strain the cranberry mixture through a cheescloth-lined sieve into a bowl , and discard solids. Carefully pour liqueur into clean bottles or jars.

Yield: 4 1/2 cups (serving size 1/4 cup)

AND

CRANBERRY COSMOPOLITANS

Place crushed ice in a martini shaker. Add 1/2 cup Cranberry Liqueur, 1/4 cup Cointreau, and 2 Tablespoons lime juice; strain into martini glasses.

Makes 2 cocktails.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in Puerto Rico it's called Limoncillo. You take:

1/2 bottle of Bacardi 151

1/2 gal of water

a container of those small Crustal Light cup-like things

You put the Bacardi in the water and add the Crystal Light. The measurements are really exact because you would mix it to your liking. People like it cause it's easy to mix and you can make a lot of it.

Mocha Cream Liqueur

Ingredients:

* 1-1/4 cups sweetned condensed milk

* 1 cup dark rum

* 1 cup heavy cream

* 1/4 cup chocolate flavored syrup

* 1 Tbsp. instant espresso powder

* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

* 1 tsp. vanilla

* 1/4 tsp. coconut extract

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Cover and process on high speed until the mixture is well blended and smooth.

This can be served immediately, or stored in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Make sure to stir or shake thoroughly before serving. Serve in very tiny cups, or in chocolate cups.

Quote:
another use for Vodka... take a swig or two before having to stitch up the patient! ... I mostly typed this out

What did you say? We can't read much of what yer typing, yer words fingers must be getting slurred. Might want to quit sampling the ingredients Wes shrug

Great thread! I was wanting to buy some vodka for making vanilla, but like Violet, we don't drink alcohol except for wine. I was wondering if vodka could be used for other things (aside from the drinking it part). I see there are a *couple* ideas mixed in with all the "other" ideas.

LOLOL

Violet, I was laughing thinking of you being shy to walk into a liquor store. LOLOL I don't drink either, but I probably wouldn't have thought twice about going in. Till I came out and bumped into my mom or my pastor's wife or, worse, my daughter-in-law and started stepping all over my tongue, trying to explain. Thankfully, they all know me well enough to love me even if I *was* a closet drunk. smile

DH drinks glass of wine every night before bedtime for his heart. Studies show "moderate" alcohol use provides significant cardiac benefit but only for people over 40. Ha! At least one reason for getting old. Except I can't stand the taste of any alcohol frown Did stock up on some vodka for wound cleaning etc and DS cooks with alcohol ocassionally. Makes grilled steaks very tender.

Granny, my husband was advised to do the same, but aside from some coffee kahlua (sp?) thing, he can't stand the taste of alcohol either. And he didn't want to be getting too used to the coffee kahlua because he said it was *too* tasty. LOL

Anyway, I love red wines. He doesn't. But I had him try my favorite...a beaujolais...and he said he could handle a small glass of that every evening.

It really depends on what kind of wine you like. I can't stand white or fruity wines. Makes me gag when I try to swallow. But the dry reds are very nice and smooth...to me.

Not trying to convince anyone to drink who doesn't, but there are some physical ailments that a bit of wine a day *can* help. Better than taking blood pressure meds the rest of your life.

Of course, if a person is a recovered alcoholic, blood pressure meds are definitely preferrable.

Homemade Apple Pie Liquor

Warms the Heart and Soul!!

1 gallon apple cider

1/2 gallon apple juice

7 cinnamon sticks

1 liter Everclear

Put the cider, juice, and cinnamon sticks into a large kettle. Bring to ALMOST a boil and then let cool some. Pour in the everclear.

Use in Moderation!

http://www.netcooks.com/recipes/Beverages/...Pie.Liquor.html

Fireside Coffee

3 cups Swiss Miss Cocoa mix

2 cups non-dairy dry creamer

1 cup Folgers Coffee Crystals

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1-1/2 cups powdered sugar

Mix together in a large container and store covered.

For a cup of coffee use: 3-4 teaspoons in a cup of hot water.

Makes a nice prepared mixture in a jar for gifts.

boozeless!

llo Shooters

1.14L Vodka

5 packs jello

5 cups water

100 1oz cups

Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Remove from heat.

Slowly stir in jello until dissolved.

Stir in 1 cup of vodka.

Pour into 100 1 oz. cups and refrigerate.

Drink in moderation.

Jello Shots

Party Fun!

3 packages of Jello (containing sugar)

1 1/2 Cups Vodka

3 1/2 Cups Water

Bring the water to a boil and remove from heat. Slowly stir in the Jello until dissolved. Wait a couple minutes and stir in the vodka.

Pour into a tray and chill. Cut Jello into indivdual shot size pieces.

As with any recipe using alcohol, use in moderation.

Mocha Coffee Gift Mix

Makes a Wonderful Christmas Gift!

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder

3/4 cup of sugar

2/3 cup powdered coffee creamer

1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened

1/3 cup instant coffee

1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

Press the coffee through a sieve; Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until well-blended. Spoon into decorative jars; Cover. Makes 3 1/2 cups.

Directions:

Place 1/4 cup Mocha Coffee mix in mug. Add 3/4 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.

Peppermint Schnapps

Adult Drink!

1 40oz. alcohol

8 cups of water

3 cups of sugar

43 ml. bottle of peppermint extract

Boil 8 cups of water and 3 cups of sugar for 1 hour, stiring occasionally. Let cool and add the peppermint extract and alcohol. Enjoy in moderation!!

Rhubarb-on-the-Rocks

Slush

9 cups rhubarb,diced

2 cups sugar

5 cups water

6 oz. frozen orange juice

6 oz. frozen lemonade

2 cups brandy OR vodka

Cook rhubarb abd water till very mushy, strain, drain well,save juice, discard pulp.

Add sugar, add rest of ingredients and freeze.

To serve mix equal parts of the mix and 7-Up or other lemon-lime soda.

Root Beer Schnapps

Adult Beverage

3 cups or 1 (750) ml bottle of vodka

1 cup sugar

1 1/2 tsp. root beer extract

Dissolve sugar into vodka over medium to high heat.

Stir contents to keep sugar from burning. Do not allow mixture to boil.

Allow contents to cool and stir in root beer extract.

Pour into bottle and chill in freezer.

Enjoy in moderation.

If you prefer more root beer flavor, add more extract.

Schnapps - Peppermint

Adult Drink

3 cups or 1 (750) ml bottle of vodka

1 cup sugar

1 tsp. peppermint extract

Dissolve sugar into vodka over medium to high heat.

Stir contents to keep sugar from burning. Do not allow mixture to boil.

Allow contents to cool and stir in peppermint extract.

Pour into bottle and chill in freezer.

Enjoy in moderation.

If you prefer a stronger peppermint flavor add more extract

had to include this for a nice summer evening adult drink

Vodka Cremecicle

6 ounces vodka

10 ounces pure orange juice

4 small scoops vanilla ice cream

Pulse til smooth and creamy in a blender.

Pour into tall glass.

Enjoy in moderation.

Caribbean Orange Liqueur

3 large Orange 3 cups Vodka 1 1/3 cup superfine Sugar

Pare very thinly the bright-colored rind from the oranges (no white). Blot the peel on paper towels to remove any excess oil. Put peel in a 4 cup screw-top jar. Add 2 cups vodka. Close jar. Store in a cool, dark place for 2 days or until the vodka has absorbed the flavor. Remove peel and add remaining vodka. Close jar and add remaining cup of vodka. Close the jar and store in a cool dark place at least 1 month to age.

Cream Cordial

14 oz sweetened Condensed milk (Eagle brand) 1 1/4 cup almond, mint, orange or Coffee liqueur 1 cup Whipping cream 4 Egg

In blender container, combine all ingredients, blend until smooth. Serve over ice if desired. Store tightly covered in refrigerator up to one month. Stir before using.

Amaretto Liqueur

1 cup granulated Sugar 3/4 cup Water 2 Apricot dried halves 1 tblsp Almond flavoring / extract 1/2 cup pure Grain alcohol 1/2 cup Water 1 cup Brandy 3 drops yellow Food coloring 6 drops red Food coloring 2 drops blue Food coloring 1/2 tsp Glycerine

Combine sugar and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer until all sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool. In an aging container, combine apricot halves, almond extract, grain alcohol with 1/2 cup water, and brandy. Stir in cooled sugar syrup mixture. Cap and let age for 2 days. Remove apricot halves. (Save apricot halves, can be used for cooking). Add food coloring and glycerine. Stir, recap and continue aging for 1 to 2 months. Re-bottle as desired. Liqueur is ready to serve but will continue to improve with additional aging.

Archived