MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oh no! Brick wall... I hope I haven't lost it.

michelle

I have started putting all the information I have about my family on a family tree and seemed to have hit a wall already. I have information up to my great great grandfather that I know is correct.

My great great grandfather was William Justice Eisworth married to Florence Victoria Davis.

(possible alternate name: Willie Jackson Eisworth

WWI draft card: 1917-1918; Residence: Comite?, EBR, LA; occupation: merchant)

William J Eisworth married to Florence V. Davis: 22 Jun 1902 in Hancock, MS

Willie J. Eisworth

Birth: Oct. 17, 1879

Death: Feb. 24, 1938

Note: Shares plot w/Florence V. Davis Eisworth.

Burial:

Roselawn Memorial Park and Mausoleum

Baton Rouge

East Baton Rouge Parish

Louisiana, USA

Plot: Sec B.

--------------------

Florence V. Davis Eisworth

Birth: Apr. 26, 1879

Death: Dec. 1, 1953

Note: Shares plot w/Willie J. Eisworth.

The only information I have found so far on William Justice Eisworth's parents is one 1900 US Census listing his parents as Phillip and Fidelia Eisworth. Phillip was listed about born c.1845. When trying to get more information on Phillip Eisworth thought I hit a dead spot. I've only found one possible record of him in a 1860 census in Ward 11 New Orleans Louisiana, listed a orphan boy, born c.1850 with the name of Phil Eiswirth. I'm hoping I've screwed up somewhere and this orphan is not a relative and I'll never find the actual family lines.

I'm hoping that with some further research I can find out more details. I'm sure no one here has probably even heard of the surname much less actually be related. I guess I'm more venting than anything. I sure hope I will be able to actually trace my heritage. mecry

We all hit those roadblocks at some point. I have one set of grandparents who have been taunting me for years. They should be easy but they aren't. Some day I'll hit the info..I just have to keep plugging away.

michele, while researching my family history, which is complex, I ran into "forums" . family posted histories, saw "free" portions of genealogies. As i progressed, I decided to trace what history I could of the Girls the “B”’s had married, and BEHOLD, i found some missing parts there too.. If your close to ANY cemetery where your family is interred, check other grave stones for “clues”... Can be reveling! ....

Thanks Kevin! Thats a good suggestion.

I think I may have found something. I'm hoping it may have been the boy's parents. May to have to take a drive to NOLA to check it out but I really think I may have found something. There was a family on a census with the father's name a P Eisworth. It was in the one census but never showed up again. After searching there was a large yellow fever epidemic in New Orleans in 1853. Could explain why the boy wasn't on the first census and showed up on the next as an orphan. I'm going to see if I can find anything to link this family to him.

GOODMORNINGPUPPYINBOX.gif

I do hope you have found what/who you are looking for. smile

Like Momo said, we all hit a GENEALOGYBREAKINGTHROUGHTHEBIRCKS.gif at one time or another. We have been looking for a connection from our Great-great-great grandfather Hiram Joseph Lee and Robert E. Lee. This is a connection we haven't found and we know there is one, as our great-grandmother had told some of her children that she was a cousin to him.

Every time I find a new cousin on line and mention this to them, they say they have been told the same thing. Therefore, it has to be true, it is just finding the connection.

We never give up, just keep on DIGUPYOURROOTS.gif

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gifHAVEAGOODDAY1.gif

Yes. I did find a few relatives on ancestry.com that I've emailed. Some of the have some information on different family lines. I found one for another side of my family that is now ecstatic because I have a book that was done 20 yrs ago of the family history. She wants it. I have to mail her a copy lol. Its interesting to find relatives like that though.

Michelle, I belong to Geneology.com and if you will send me the info you have I will be glad to check and see if there is anything that I can do to help ya. twi

I am beginning to suspect that your orphan may be the correct Phillip. I found a death record for a George Eiswirth age 30 in New Orleans in 1859. But no further information is available. I am not sure where the original records are that this index comes from.

I found a death record for Fredalia Eisworth in E Baton Rouge 20 June 1917. There is a record for a Philip Eisworth in E Baton Rouge 8 July 1934. Again, these are indexes and I cannot be sure that these are the correct people, but the names are certainly not common ones.

I am going to bed now, but I will look some more later this week.

I really like looking for other peoples ancestors. I get bored with my own. happy02

Thanks thats great. Looks like it might be them. I'd love to find out who is parents are. I'm still looking. Called my aunt but she doesn't know. She laughed and said if I knew her granddad's parents I already knew more than her. She's gonna ask Mamaw for me if she knows anything.

I found a good site to look up a lot of records now. I found the records you're talking about for George Eiswirth (likely misspelling). Also found marriage records for George Eiswirth to Stephanie Teller 21 Feb 1845. But I can't find a birth record for Phillip Eiswirth (or anything close to it) from 1845-1855. I'm going to keep looking though.

Archived